See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 19, 2017

*the only plus of this hotel was that the front desk person was nice.*
First, the parking lot resembled Swiss cheese with the amount of pot holes in it. You are guaranteed to need a new alignment from driving in it. When you walk in, it looks DECENT in the lobby area, but still gave off a very eerie vibe. When we walked up to our room, there were stains all over the carpet and dirt all over the stairs. I honestly felt like it belonged in a horror movie. Everything looked outdated and the walls were very thin. You could hear every conversation through the walls, when you walk through the hallway. The sheets were very thin, but at least the room was warm. The bed wasn't bad, but the pillows weren't real pillows, they were square and looked like the type you would have on a couch. The clock in the room was broken. One of the knobs for the shower was broken, and so was a light switch. We ventured to find the gym, and that was just a poor excuse for a workout facility; the room was extremely small and there were only 4 machines, but the treadmill was broken. The tv didn't work in the "gym" either. No doors were locked to the hotel, anyone could walk in. Lastly, the "breakfast" was a joke. The bagels were hard, they ran out of coffee and orange juice and the cereal was stale. They also didn't have much to offer. Save yourself the disappointment and DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank karliernst94
Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

This hotel was the worst hotel my children and I have stayed in. The pool was green you couldn't even see the bottom. The hallways smelt gross. The people kept on yelling in the hallways while my children and I tried to sleep at3 o'clock in the morning.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank hmajhhe
Reviewed November 2, 2016

While staying at the Trip Hotel in late August and early September, I came back to my room's deadbolt left out, propping the door open. Given that room service had been consistently arriving around 9 am every other day, I am lead to believe that my hotel room door was left open for upwards of 5 hours. Anyone who walked through that hallway would have seen my open door and could have walked into my hotel room and gone through my things. When I confronted the front desk about the matter, the clerk seemed shocked, agreed that it was a mistake, but offered no reparations. Though nothing appeared stolen or touched, I no longer felt safe leaving any belongings in my room afterward.

Even if I were to ignore that isolated incident, the hotel experience was still miserable. When I arrived, there was dog hair all over one of the benches and it remained there until the day I left, despite the cleaning service that came.

My room reeked of smoke or mold or something awful the entirety of my stay. The blankets are thin. The wifi is spotty. But worst of all, the place is just utterly creepy. Though I never experienced any real danger in the hotel it is worth noting how excited and surprised I was to be checking out completely unscathed. This place is one step up from living in your car, but barely, and certainly not worth half of what it charges.

Room Tip: Do not travel alone.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank CUStudent17
Reviewed October 28, 2016

We pulled up and thought the place was closed. No lights or cars in the lot. We entered the tired yet pleasant lobby and were efficiently cared for by the attendant. The room is tired but clean-no sign of infestations. We only needed a place to sleep although we chose it because of the pool photos. The outer doors are not secure.

Room Tip: 2nd floor seems to be quiet but the elevator is scarey
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank toastboy1
Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

Our hotel was absolutely disgusting. The outside looks like a barley lit movie theatre that's been abandoned. We walked down long dark halls to find our room which was filthy. Inside the bathroom was a half empty water bottle on the counter, condensation marks on the night stands from the previous renters drinks & a half eaten Haagen-Daz ice cream in the refrigerator. The pool was stagnant water. I walked in up to my knees and the paint started coming up leaving white particles floating on the surface. I didn't even eat breakfast there, too risky. We were maybe two out of 30 people in the whole hotel. Next morning the cleaning maids were blasting rap music in the hallways and even they said the pool was crappy after we came back so quickly. Unfortunately there was a lot going on that weekend in Ithaca so most hotels close by were booked leaving us stuck. Beware of the elevator, makes noises causing one to think it might fail. Just take the steps, it's safer. I can promise we will never stay here again or recommend it to our worst enemies. If you have seen American Horror Story Hotel it is very similar to that. Pay the extra bucks and stay in the actual Hotel Ithaca which appeared to be clean and updated (since we went there first out of confusion).

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple