All reviews dessert bar homemade desserts cookies peach cobbler two blocks aurora room carriage house rescue dog every evening thought of everything within walking distance b bs home away from home the location is perfect restaurant row warm hospitality breakfast was delicious
Reviewed August 4, 2018

My family and I stayed here last week. We booked three rooms and it was just wonderful. It is one of the most unique, beautiful houses that I have stayed in and my family all agreed. The innkeeper, Lynette, welcomed us with her companion Lucy the dog! Lynette truly cared that we were comfortable and enjoyed our stay. I had the most comfortable night of sleep I have had in a long time while staying in 'The Library' room. In the evening, after dinner out, we enjoyed homemade cake and juice in the living room and the lemon pancakes for breakfast- so tasty that I immediately bought one of Lynette's cookery books.

This was a real joy for us. Modern technology lovers will note the lack of widescreen TVs on the walls and the wifi wasn't the strongest. But this added to the fun for us. We were truly relaxed and genuinely sad to leave. We will be back!

Room tip: The Library Room was stunning
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

The Inn is a beautifully restored home and Lynette, the innkeeper, is gracious and kind and thoroughly professional. The breakfasts are scrumptious and the dessert bar that appears in the dining room every night consisted of at least four choices, one with homemade whipped cream!
The rooms are spacious and beds are so comfortable. Lynette says her staff hand irons the linens.
If you will be in Ithaca, make reservations and then totally enjoy your stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2018

What else could you possibly need? Lynette was a wonderful host, from adapting home-cooked breakfast to special requests to providing useful tourist info, to providing very quick service when the cable TV had a problem (it simply needed a new battery). Because I like to read, she also provided a 100 watt bulb on one lamp without any delay, along with extra hangers. In addition, this historic inn was beautiful. Our room, The Sanctuary, had a huge, luxurious bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub and separate stall shower, as well as two sinks. The towels were thick, just as you would find in first-class hotels and the rooms meticulous. The bonus was the inn's perfect location: two blocks away from Ithaca's "restaurant row." Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2018

I loved the location of this Inn. 1 block from the commons and great restaurants! Lynette and Katie are so lovely. Very helpful and great suggestions for dinner!! Will definitely go back, breakfast was delicious and the rooms were very big and comfortable!

Room tip: We stayed on the third floor, no elevators, but the steps are not very steep. Doable!!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2018

It is hard to imagine a better location in Ithaca. The Inn is surrounded by a vibrant dining scene and near both Ithaca College and Cornell. Need directions, advice from an Ithaca expert, a great breakfast, a lovely well appointed guest room? This is your best choice in Ithaca. The Inn has extraordinary historic detail including breathtaking stained glass windows and period woodwork. There is room to work and to play, a small business center, super helpful staff and meeting/gathering space. Did I mention free parking and decadent after dinner desert. Great value!

• Trip type: Travelled on business