“Good food, good ambiance”

Taste of Thai Express
Ranked #33 of 287 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

When we want Thai this is where we go! The service is friendly and polite. We feel so welcome. The orders come in a very timely fashion.

Sirathorn B, Manager at Taste of Thai Express, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Dear CrowB4673,
Thank you so much for your review! We love hearing from our valued guests and I am so happy that we continue to give you the experiences you deserve!
We look forward to serving you again soon!

Best,

Reviewed November 23, 2017

Had dinner once, ordered a Tom Yum soup and a shrimp Thai curry. Yhe ambiance was nice, but food taste wasn't really there, as I happen to know well these meals. Probably the spices and products used are not of good quality? Service was just Ok, but then I could not even order a beer with the food,.. the whole experience was disappointing. I definitely didn't go back again as I was initially planning.

Dear R S,
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and provide useful feedback. I'm so sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your dining experience here at Taste of Thai Express. We take pride in the robust flavor of our dishes and the quality of our ingredients, so it is very important to hear from guests about the taste of our food so that we can adjust accordingly to maintain the quality that we are so proud of.
Thank you for your input and I hope that by inviting you back, we can give you the delicious and flavorful food that we are known for!

All the Best,

Reviewed November 22, 2017

Since we have been out of town our last visit was in May so we returned for a November lunch. College students gone for Thanksgiving so we ventured there. Again, ample parking, seated upon entering, friendly female sever and our order was taken and shortly arrived. Hearty serving as always, tasty, priced reasonable, not crowed as we arrived but crowded as we left, with only one negative review comment. Unreasonable wait for the check so we walked to the cashiers station to pay but were given the excuse with the student help gone, this delay was known. Prepare for this better! As they say, we'll be back..........but as others have stated, express , NOT!

Dear Arnold T,
Thank you for taking the time to review our business. I'm happy to hear that you generally have positive experiences with us and I hope that we can continue to give you the excellent food and service that you deserve.
I am very sorry that you had an unreasonable wait during your most recent dining experience and we will certainly prepare better for these circumstances in the future.
We look forward to seeing you again so that we can give you the efficient service we take pride in!

Best,

Reviewed November 8, 2017

The most important thing is don't get take out from this place and BEWARE of heat level no matter how you order it. They are completely incompetent with providing the correct heat level and don't care at all . On at least 4 occasions they have completely messed up our take out order. I ordered pineapple fried rice to go with zero heat level. I got home (15 minutes away) and found the top of the fried rice was covered with loads of Thai chilies. They're some of the hottest chilies there are. When I called they were rude. They have quite an attitude. Another time we ordered Pad See ew, heat level zero. Got home and the whole top was covered with ground black pepper. Same story with yellow curry, heat level zero, covered with thai chillies. A long time ago, the food was fairly good. It's gone down hill. It's not good anymore. Poor quality. Poor service. Really poor cooking. Try one of the other choices in town. I'm not giving them another chance.

Dear Bluetrail,
Thank you for making time to give us your feedback. I am truly very sorry that you have had multiple negative experiences with our takeout. Giving poor customer service is unacceptable and I sincerely apologize that you were treated unfairly by one of our staff members.
We take pride in accuracy and customer service here at Taste of Thai Express and we will use your feedback to ensure that this kind of error is not repeated.
I hope that by inviting you back, we can give you the great food and service that you deserve.

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

We live about an hour away but think it is well worth the drive. Great food, friendly service. My wife's favorite, pineapple fried rice is distinctly different from other restaurants. I usually try something different and am never disappointed. When in season, the mango Sticky rice is head and shoulders better than any other place.

Dear Christopher P,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review and for the time you spend travelling to dine with us! We love hearing about your favorite dishes and we're so glad to have you and your family as a valuable part of our business.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thank you!