All reviews nasty reviews separate building microwave and refrigerator bed was comfortable ithaca college no elevator buttermilk falls
Reviewed April 2, 2017

I made the reservation through the hotel for two nights for my 16 years old son and myself. At the check in the blond receptionist told me that the reservation was for one night. I showed her the confirmation email for two nights with the price. She said to come tomorrow morning to talk with her boss. She was definitely not trying to help and resolve the problem. I said that I'll leave the room at 5:50 am in the morning and will come back in the evening, so that I can not check out at noon if I don't have a room nor talk with someone. I wanted to know at the check in if I have a room or not for the next day. I then mentioned that I'll not prefer to stay at this hotel if I can't stay for two nights. She made me clear that there will be absolutely no refund. She started to be rude and blame me. As it was late and my son was starving I decided to stay one night when I learned that there will be someone else at 5 am at the reception to resolve the problem. So I went again very early in the morning to talk with that lady. She definitely was expecting me. She checked my confirmation email took some notes and said that I have the room for the second night. Finally!!
But this was not the end of the story. When I went again to the reception for the check out, I saw that first blond lady who turned her back to me and let the man talk. When he said "we are all set" I asked for my receipt. He said that I should ask that from my travel agency. I showed again the confirmation email and proved that the reservation was made through the hotel. He said "I don't know who sent you this email" and insisted not to give me the receipt. I also asked how much I will be charged and the answer was "talk to your travel agency". Unbelievable!!! I made the reservation through your hotel and this is your confirmation email sent by reservations@meadowcourtithaca.com
He finally gave me my receipt and told me to not stay next time in their hotel.

Room Tip: Choose an other Hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank emailbulent
Reviewed March 7, 2017

Very cozy, great location!! Especially for the price. The stores are right across the street and its just around the corner from the downtown area, which is great news since parking here in Ithaca is terrible!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Zz Z
Reviewed December 21, 2016

I was at Cornell Univ couple of weeks back for an interview and stayed at this amazing hotel! I am not in an affordable situation to stay at Statler though it was an amazing place at Cornell campus, I just needed a place with reasonable price and a bed for comfortable sleep for 5 nights. One of my friend recommended this place, was very reasonable and affordable for someone with tight budget. Front office staff was very nice and warm welcoming! Though there is no breakfast on weekdays, there is a diner next door which was awesome with nice breakfast for 8$. My total was 300$ for 5 nights where as it was 600$ at all other hotels in and around that area.

Room Tip: Old fashioned interior
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank parameshwara Ra... K
Reviewed November 10, 2016

As motels go I'd say this one was quite good but hey, its a motel and its half the price of the overpriced "hotels" in the area. Rooms clean, in good repair; beds/pillows not so great. Showers work, plenty of hot water--it worked for us. On the money you save you here you can pay for a nice dinner! We brought a small dog which they can accommodate--however ask for the pet rooms as they are separate from the non-pet rooms! This place def better than the other motel farther out of town--and this is quite close to IC.

Room Tip: DO ask for pet room if you have one--not all rooms take pets.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Knohanz
Reviewed November 2, 2016

While staying in Ithaca on my last visit I was unfortunate to be there on one of the colleges big weekends, thus the outrageous price of $199+ a night. Usual price runs under $100. This motel isn't what it used to be.We sat & watched obvious drug deals going on all day in the parking lot. Felt very unsafe. Found a shady character sitting outside my room stealing wi-fi. While the motel made him leave it was disturbing. Had a pet along one night so had to take one of the "pet friendly" rooms for a night. It was in the old section. The rooms are old and dilapidated. Tub was dirty, mold on ceiling, shower head was for short people like 4'. I felt dirty after staying in this room. Rooms are small and cramped. Wi-fi was spotty.
While the new part of the hotel is usually better, I see it's starting to become almost as bad. Had one night in new section. The room had a terrible odor, maybe carpets should be cleaned and room aired out.
I can't fault the staff, they were friendly and understanding.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family