“Okay for the night”

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Okay for the night”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I don't normally stay at this brand but it had the best rate for the time I needed to be there. It was OK overall but I wish it had been closer to downtown Ithaca. The king bed felt really good.
My husband was satisfied with the continental breakfast. I was surprised that the property did not have an elevator. We didn't stay long enough to check out the exercise room.I was tempted just so to get some perspective on the community. The front desk staff could have been a little friendlier.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Nyack, New York
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I don't think this is the worst Comfort Inn--I think all Comfort Inns have gone downhill. I just stayed there on an exploratory visit to Ithaca. The worst part of my experience with this motel hit me when I walked in--very musty smelling room. When I went to put on the a/c, I could see that the a/c grill was absolutely filthy and sticky. They obviously never have cleaned it. The smell in the room would only go away if the a/c was on high. And, the a/c was noisy and not very effective. Another negative was the little fridge--the freezer was entirely caked with ice so I couldn't freeze ice packs I needed for my cooler. Door to fridge was broken. There is also no internet in the rooms--you have to get a wifi disk from the front desk. Aside from that, the bed and pillows were comfortable. Breakfast was adequate. They take pets. Staff and cleaning people were helpful. Good location for Ithaca. Would I stay here again? If I found another place that takes pets, probably not unless they could show me the room first and I would check to see if the a/c worked and if the room smelled.

Room Tip: See the room before you settle in. Make sure it doesn't smell.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Canton, Texas
Reviewed 27 September 2011

this is a very nice hotel, it appears to have been recently remodeled, the rooms were very clean the the comp breakfast was nice.

Room Tip: all the hotels ion this town are over priced but this is a good clean place to stay with nice people...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hungry23
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Very, very dirty. I would never come back even if it was free.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Bren0129

Travellers are raving about these Ithaca hotels

Brockway, pa
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Our room was very musty smelling, the fans in the bathrooms do not vent, they only blew the damp air around and the toilet paper would not stay on the dispensers, they kept falling on the floor. ( EWWW) . On a positive note, the rooms were adequate in size, and we did have a frig and microwave. Nice granite countertops in the bathroom, although not much counter space. A little pricey for the accomadations. I have stayed in much nicer places for the buck.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Artzie54
ComfortInnMngt, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
I am sorry to read that you had an unpleasing stay with us. That is not usually the case here. I want to let you know that we at the Comfort Inn are proud of the fact we offer a clean and friendly hotel stay under the Comfort Inn brand and flag. The staff works tirelessly to make sure the all guest are happy with there stay. As you may have read in our comments, people compliment the hotel for being clean! So I give them praise for that! We will look into it.
As for the price of hotel accommodation in Ithaca New York, it is a product of supply and demand it is a very busy time here in Ithaca with two universities. I do hope you understand. We all hope you will stay with us again!
new york
Reviewed 8 September 2011

My husband and I went to Ithaca for a long weekend for the first time and chose the Comfort Inn. First, this hotel is pet friendly and only charges a one time fee of $15. The rooms were a little on the small side, but very clean. Everyone at the hotel was extremely helpful. They offer a great breakfast every morning on them! Very close to Buttermilk Falls and Treman State park. Minutes from downtown, Commons, Farmers Market. Wineries, hiking, great food and some of the most beautiful water falls we have ever seen. Will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2011
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ithaca Comfort Inn! We do pride our selves for being able to be a good value to our guests! We also find that we are more often praised in the end for convenience to the wineries, parks and shopping. Isn’t the farmers market great! I glad you enjoyed it! So thank you for your kind words. I am also glad you could bring your pet! I’ll pass them along to the staff you where pleased! Please come visit us again at the Ithaca Comfort Inn.
nyc
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Made this reservation 3 months ago for dropping off my freshman daughter at cornell. the only place available!
We paid over $200 for a room. I have been to many college graduations and parents weekends to know that hotels near colleges totally rip parents off. the comfort inn is not alone. you need to get past the fact that you are totally overpaying.
Lets assume you you are paying $100 a night
pros:
clean. the bathroom was just renovated and sparkled!
refrig in room
nice help: front desk was very pleasant
Good parking
breakfast with scrambled eggs and make your own waffles!
cons:
low lighting in rooms
bedding and pillows could be updated.
strip mall locale

we were room 120 i liked being on ground floor. not much of a view, either parking lot or fence with some shrubs.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
I want to let you know that we at the Comfort Inn are proud of the fact we offer a clean and friendly hotel stay under the Comfort Inn brand and flag. We / the staff work tirelessly to make sure the all guest are happy with there stay. As you may have read in our comments from other (over and over) people compliment our staff for being friendly and the hotel for being clean! So I give them praise for that!
As for the price of hotel accommodation in Ithaca New York, it is a product of supply and demand. Better yet it a numbers game with two major universities in town, demand is high. But with only a finite amount of hotels, supplies are/ is low…Thus the rate is subject to change due to competition, seasons and events. I know that may not help you, but it is what they teach in school and it is proven right here in Ithaca. I am sorry that is what happened to you, but I do hope you understand we try to give value in many ways. Thank you for your nice comments under your Pros though! I hope you will stay with us again!