“Short stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We spent the night before our son was attending Ithaca Today at Ithaca College. We literally arrived at midnight and checked out at 8:30 am. The desk clerk was quick, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included in the room price. The food was decent. It seems that the Comfort Inn might not have been prepared for the number of people as they quickly ran out of coffee, and some food stuff.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank bklynred

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed here 4/1& 4/2 when my dogs were seen at Cornell. I usually stay at Econolodge, but there was a bedbug report 3 weeks ago & I couldn't risk it with dogs. This was same price range and though room was smaller, it was good value in this overpriced market & very nice furnishings. I scoured room and no signs of anything nasty. Staff were very nice and accommodating. Good breakfast selection. Only drawback is when you're with pets it's a little too close to the road for my comfort. Mine are escape risks though. For average family pet it is probably wonderful.Only dog walk area is small grassy spot behind the hotel. Not easy to get to roads & no trails or residential areas. We just did necessity walks there and went down to the waterfront or up to Cornell campus for the long exercise walks. Direct access to car is a huge plus for me with physical problems that make schlepping luggage not just inconvenient but painful. Felt secure traveling alone. Very good access though to food & shopping for necessities. Close to Walmart, Tops, Wegmans. diner across the street & Friendly's down the road for food.

Room Tip: Might want to ask for a room towards the back.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan T
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The room was very very nice. We had a jacuzzi in the room along with Refrigerator and it was a great experience to stay. There are a lot of restaurants near by, CVS, Waldren is open 24 hours and very convenient to meet your needs. I am a frequent traveller and this was one of the good rooms I have stayed in. The desk person was helpful but was busy as working by himself so I had to wait for towels for few minutes and I ended up leaving without them. The night shift lady was nice and greeted well.

Overall a wonderful stay...!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2012

In April of 2011, we booked the hotel for Cornell graduation (May 25, 2012) - $338/night with a 3 night minimum. When we tried to cancel in early February - admittedly a few days past the Feb 2 deadline- we were told we couldn't without losing our $338 deposit. I travel to Ithaca several times per year on business, so I actually stopped by and talked with the manager on duty. She said, that, while she understood that other hotels might consider that my continued business was important, she would not give me a refund of any amount nor allow me to apply my deposit to a (different) future stay. I have left several messages for the General Manager, but he will not call me back.

This may be within the terms of the agreement, but it is certainly poor service. They're not going to have any trouble selling the room for graduation weekend. A hotel that offers this kind of "service" is not getting any more of my business.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank mathmom222
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Had a great stay at this Comfort Inn! Was just looking for a cheap place for one night so didn't necessarily care, but then the room was so nice! Such a comfortable bed and awesome shower. Free breakfast in the morning was fantastic - scrambled eggs, sausage, Belgian waffles, yogurt, bagels, muffins. And orange juice with no pulp! Yeah! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Lavendarluv3
Reviewed 18 December 2011

In general, this hotel is what people expect from a Comfort Inn. Clean, basic rooms. Good location just outside of the "downtown". In Ithaca, everything is pretty close together and this hotel is just south of the main part of town and a short drive from a couple of the nearby state parks that have good hiking and swimming. And a solid continental breakfast is included (cereal, bagels, toast, eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, juice, limited fruit).

The rooms had been recently updated and featured a modern bathroom. The rooms are classic Comfort Inn rooms. Clean, not too fancy, not the place to lounge around all day, but a good home base and place to sleep.

Our only issue was the air conditioning. It cycled on and off through the night so the person near the A/C got cold and then warm ... and it was a bit noisy.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if all the rooms have been updated, so when making a reservation/checking in, ask f...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TheTraveller314
ComfortInnMngt, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Thanks so much for your enthusiastic review of our hotel. We are glad you had the chance to enjoy our breakfast. I apologize for the issue with air conditioning and have printed this review for our head of maintenance. We wanted to let you know that all of the rooms have been rennovated and we are now a completely non-smoking hotel. In the next month, we will be adding all new tv's in our rooms.
We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Ithaca.
Best,
Jim McMann
Director of Sales

Reviewed 8 November 2011

This is not the Comfort Inn you will want to lounge in, but it is certainly one of the best hotel values in Ithaca. Ithaca hotel prices are notoriously higher than expected, but I would say this was a great value in the market.

The rooms are clean, modern decor, soundproof from neighbors and hallway. The shower was refreshing and beds comfortable. These are the things I rate as most important.

Will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011
ComfortInnMngt, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate the positive comments on the quality of the rooms. We look forward to seeing you on your return trip to Ithaca!
Jim McMann