“Thank you!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Lansing, Michigan
“Thank you!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel as it is very convenient to JFK airport. I spent a night of shopping in NYC and took a cab to the hotel, and then the shuttle they provide to the airport. When I landed I realized I had left my holiday shopping in the hotel room! Horrified, I called and the staff there found the shopping and promised to ship it out right away. I received the package in time for Christmas! THANK YOU!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Travel T,

I wanted to thank you for writing about your recent experience at the Holiday Inn JFK. We were all thrilled and happy to read that the package made it back in time for the Christmas Holiday. We look forward to serving you again in 2013!

Regards,

Brent A. Hnatow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Milton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

We arrived around 1am due to arriving on a flight from La Guardia, and departing out of JFK at 7am the next morning. The man at the check in desk could help weary travelers by having a smile & a more friendly demeanor...The room was basic. They did do an EXCELLENT job of having a sack breakfast bag for all of us early travelers, which included a cinnamon roll, yogurt, and a carton of milk.This was much appreciated! The gentleman that assisted us in getting our luggage on the shuttle to the airport was WONDERFUL!! He should be complimented for his cheerfulness and helpfulness!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Karen B
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

A lot of other travelers commended this hotel for their support after Sandy, so I do respect them for that.

We stayed for one night. The room was way over priced, close to $300 for a smelly, tiny room. The hotel was a bit sketchy to us, and we had a weird vibe. We had to stay here, it was the only hotel with a room that night but I would certainly never stay here again. The value for the price was not there.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

Island Park, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

Luckily, my husband and I checked into this hotel where we stayed for 3 weeks following Hurricane Sandy. We want to express our gratitude for the sympathetic and compassionate staff we dealt with every day. They helped us every way they could and made this difficult time in our lives more easy to bear. In particular we want to praise the following staff members who were especially outstanding:

Michael Drake, Joann Fuster, Amit Naipan, Erica Lerma, Rosanna Ramkhellawan, and the breakfast room staff.

In addition, the eating area and our rooms were kept immaculate, and for people here for a long term stay, that was important too.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Breezy Point, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel for two weeks after Hurricane Sandy. During this very stressful time for us, we were so appreciative of the warm and professional staff at the hotel.The manager, Mr. Rick Sacco, personally answered my e-mails when I was trying to obtain a hotel booking after the storm. He manages this hotel so efficiently. The desk receptionists, the security personnel, the breakfast servers, and the housekeeping staff, were all wonderful and friendly. The cleanliness of the rooms was exceptional. I have never stayed in a hotel this clean.We want to thank all of you for your exceptional service, at a time when it meant so much.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

After my Hawaiian Airlines flight was cancelled on November 8 2012 I was forced to look for a hotel near the aiport. Luckily the Holiday Inn Express did have a room avavaible, but at just over $400.00 a night!!!!
Having no other choice I booked the room, and when I inquired about the price at check in I was told that was the best they could do.
Shame on the Holiday Inn Express for charging that amount for a room that normally cost between $154.00- $179.00 a night.
This price surely had to do with the many displaced Hurricane Sandy patrons, and in my opinion the hotel took advantage of many people.
I could tell the hotel had many guests as a FEMA crew had taken over the dining area of the hotel.

I would really like to know how anyone could consider increasing the price that much????
I also asked for a copy of my receipt at chack out and was told to write my name on a post it and they would email it to me.
That never happened and I had to call two times before my invoice was faxed over.
In times of crisis people are not suppoed to take advantage of other people, but help them.

The room was clean but for $473.00 I could have stayed in a much nicer hotel.
Shame on the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kona514
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

We stayed 5 days in November right after Hurricane Sandy. Hotels closer to our destination had no availability. We found the location a little tricky to find the first time. This hotel is showing a lot of wear, but the staff was excellent, particularly Erica at the front desk and Madeline with housekeeping. In fact, the ladies on the breakfast room staff were the best I’ve ever encountered, watching over every detail and anticipating every need. Free Wi-Fi was excellent. We prefer fresher, newer facilities, but were happy with our stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple