“average airport food”
Review of Tigin Irish Pub

Tigin Irish Pub
Ranked #231 of 414 Restaurants in Jamaica
Reviewed 11 October 2017

There are not many choices in JFK's terminal 4, so you could do worse. The food is edible but pricey, the service is slow (even when there are few customers), and the staff really wants to sell you alcohol, not food. Your best bet is to bring a sandwich to the airport, but in a pinch, this will do. The Irish designation is for the booze, not the food.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Didn't get as far as a meal after waiting for half an hour for service. Very rude woman started to take order for soups for party of four and snatched menu out of my hand, pulled a face and walked off before I finished speaking. We just got up and left. Sad end to a good holiday.

This place needs a visit by senior managers to sort out staffing levels and send existing staff on a badly needed customer service course. Poor management.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Ok, it is in the airport and expect it to be pricey, but Tigrin does not deliver even with a bit of flavour and quality. I have eaten here two times now, and I get the feeling it gets worse with time. Dry, flavourless burger, ok chips and poor BBQ chicken wings. Half the draft beers in the menu not available. It does not have much of Irish. Service ok, but got the feeling they were more interested in me paying quick than me "enjoying" my meal. There are not many options in Terminal 4, and to be honest, you play to be able to sit down at a table.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

First of all, I'm not one of those keyboard warrior jerks that only leaves bad reviews. I go out of my way to leave nice things to say. With that said, the fish and chips were disgusting here. Some pieces were cold, some were hot. The batter was WAY too heavy and not even crispy. it tasted like it was left under a heat lamp for hours. The fact they call themselves an Irish Pub and can't even produce mediocre Fish & Chips is shameful. The staff was friendly and helpful...I'll give them that.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We went here for food and drinks before flying home, we were told to take a seat anywhere, when after a while we were not approached by any staff (who were not busy) my partner went to order at the bar where he was told it was table service, after another few minutes a waitress finally came over, I asked what cider they had and the waitress didn't know, didn't even seem to know what cider was and had to go and ask. We ordered drinks and said we'd wait to order food, we were half way through the drinks when the waitress came back and we asked for just another minute while we decided on what to eat, we finished our drinks and then waiting another 10 minutes before we had be call the waitress over, we ordered food and another round, it took over 15 minute to get the drinks, and again, they weren't busy and then probably another 15 for the food. Food was ok when we got it but service was so slow and it seemed as though the waitress just had no interest. We again had to call her over to get the bill and then go up to pay with card even though we had seen another waitress with a portable card machine. The drink prices weren't on the menu and are ridiculous $10.99 for a pint is crazy, you'd be better off just sticking to some of the noodle places or mcdonalds/shake shack.