“Good food”

Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Jamesport
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2018

nice place right close to the vineyards, first time i had mussels and they were delicious. Mussels in garlic sauce, the stake is charred and tasty. very good food.. nice location, you can take a walk and visit the shops. 10-15 minutes from Greenport.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed July 23, 2018

We made our yearly trek to Cliffs two weeks ago. Living now in Florida we only get to Cliffs on our summer vacation.
Truly the best marinated steak in the country. This steak easily beats out any restaurant
I have experienced anywhere.
Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa Florida boasts the best steak and service. They have served three recent US Presidents and while the service is absolutely tops, the steak is ALMOST as good as Cliff's.
We have ordered steak all over the southwest (cattle & steak country) and not one comes close to the little Elbow Room.

Reviewed July 13, 2018

I'll be honest. This place is an old bar with a small dining room. Nothing fancy. No frills. But if you want the most mouthwatering steak you ever tasted - THIS IS IT! I ordered a marinated steak and recommend that. It's incredible. I don't know how they cooked it. It was perfect and flavorful on the outside and done just as I ordered on the inside. I don't know how they consistently accomplish this year after year. But I will never go to Long Island and skip a visit to Cliff's - it's simply the best steak I've ever had.

1  Thank paula b
Reviewed July 2, 2018

Marinated T bone steak and baked sweet potato with there cinnamon butter is outstanding ! We had a shrimp wrapped in bacon with horseradish sauce for appetizer that was over the top !

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

This place has been around a very long time. Wood floors , old fashion decor and pretty much simple everything. But they know how to make a good steak. They have a marinade that is awesome. My favorite is with French fries so they soak up the marinade. Fried calamari,broccoli cheddar poppers and chicken wings are always a home run. Great place for a family dinner. They also have other daily specials if you are not in the mood for steak.

Date of visit: June 2018