All reviews bagels new carpet shopping and restaurants safe place waffle maker hotel staff convenient location great breakfast complimentary breakfast motel museum
Reviewed September 8, 2017

The staff was nice enough & it was close to where we wanted to be, however the hotel itself looks like they started updating it, finished the outside, started on the inside & then stopped. Bathrooms were so small and no ventilation which then in turn made the bathroom floor very, very slippery. I could go on, but I think you can tell by the reviews it's best to look elsewhere. I think we will just stick with the Best Western In Jamestown.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaime M
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

The room was not that nice. The pool was the highlight of the visit and was very nice. Has free wifi. Have seen better Motels than this before and hotels are just as close as this motel so if only for one night is ok if for more than one go to a hotel

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017

We found America's Best from the road. We were looking for somewhere to stop over a couple nights, on a long drive home from Cooperstown, NY, to Cincinnati, OH. Our, 11:00 pm, first impression of the property was great. Pretty flowers and a lot of fresh white paint.

Reviews of this hotel are mixed. By phone, we had a choice of rooms, double or king? We agreed to the king. When we arrived we were booked into the double. I returned to the front desk and changed to a king room. I think we should have kept the "double" room. The king room smelled like old smoke! Had we arrived earlier, we would have changed hotels. My wife and I woke up with stuffed up noses. The "king" room was literally 2' bigger than the bed! Tiny! The bathroom was the same size, tiny. The tub, and floor had mold on it. Plenty of hot water and pressure. The A/C didn't have a vent cover on it and the bathroom door jamb had been cracked and not repainted. We didn't try the free WiFi.

The free continental breakfast was VERY continental. Limited choices, toasters that didn't work, coffee maker dripping onto carpet, no TV, and no hotel staff present. Hours are 7-10 am. Ran out of coffee at 9:15am. Tracked down staff who grudgingly made a 1/2 gallon of coffee for three of us, waiting for 7 cups. (You do the math.)

I'm glad we only spent two nights.

Room Tip: Ask how big the "King" rooms are before booking.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank twdenman
Reviewed June 15, 2017

We arrived late in the evening. Stated on reservation that we would arrive between 8 and 10pm and the hotel called to see if we were still coming during that time. Upon arrival the gentleman at the desk would not stand up nor would he answer any basic questions we asked. Had we not been so tired from traveling all day we would have left. Then there were like 4 or 5 guys sitting outside their room drinking and being extremely loud. Also there are no elevators at this facility if you luggage is very heavy. The bathroom was filthy. Upon check out was going to voice my complaints and never got an attendant to respond. Very poor experience.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vickie G
Reviewed April 7, 2017

This hotel is one of the few i've been to that still uses actual keys which for some reason was a bit alarming to me. I had a huge fear of it being haunted (silly me) however it didnt seem to be (at least the room i was in) the shower was very outdated I actually stood on a towel because i was afraid of fungus or something. The window in the bathroom also freaked me out, maybe im just too cautious who knows. This was my last stop for me and it was okay, nothing special but it works

Room Tip: bring an EVP to search for ghosts
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business