All reviews helpful hosts place to stay room was clean fantastic place sea view other guests fatima phil airport dakhla lagoon dune desert kitesurf
Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

This is a small guest house close to airport and town. Room was big and clean, with a nice vIew of seafront. This is a good place to stay if you need to stay in town but a long way from the Kite area. We hired a car which was was very useful and well priced. . (We previously got one from a local company called Dakra cars/laargoub cars don't do the same it broke down in the desert and attracted the attention of the Police as the lights did not work).

The owners do not speak much English and are very French.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2016

What a lovely hotel by the sea! The room was incredibly clean and very, very comfortable. We had a stove and was able to have dinner in our room with the family the first night. Breakfast was also wonderful. The hosts and our Senegalese friend were all incredibly nice and helpful. We were all very happy with our stay in Dar Rio Oro. Lovely!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2016

What a great place to stay.
They can’t do enough for you. You get the advantages of a family when you want one, and the privacy of being solo when you don’t.
I had a lovely view of the lagoon. The centre of town was a short walk away. They know where to go for everything.
They even lent me their car to drive to the airport when my stay was over – “Just leave the keys under the mat”.
I cannot recommend Phil and Fatima enough.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank behzamal
Reviewed November 2, 2015

Family runned place ,with different value rooms ,try to have one with a balcony ,
Fatima is very helpfull and Philipe can also ad more information .
Breakfast on the terrace ,with local made crepes ,could have more quality items ,honey can be amazing in the region ,moroccan bread can be more gratefull than electric oven baguette ,but this is just my view of making a difference in food.
Overall I can say we choosed the right place !
B'Slama

Room Tip: see my review
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tripalmenara
Reviewed October 30, 2015

I would call this a guesthouse rather than a hotel as they do breakfast but not other meals. Phil and Fatima, who run the place, are super nice, competent people. Another review described them as "stars" and I think that is spot on.

There are a couple of cars to rent if you want to drive out to the windsurfing spots on the lagoon.

The rooms are beautiful and the wiifi strong. As the mobile phone system in Ab Dakhla goes down frequently, this is quite useful. Beautifully decorated and spacious rooms. Get one at the front as the view over the sea is fantastic.

Fatima speaks a little English, otherwise it is French.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family