All reviews helpful hosts place to stay room was clean sea view other guests airport dakhla lagoon dune desert kitesurf
Reviewed April 11, 2017

I stayed for a week with my wife and 2 year old son. We loved the place. Phil and Fatima made everything easy for us. They organised a car for the week, a creche for our son which allowed us to go kiting and many dinners. The food was exceptional, better than at the local restaurants. The rooftop bar is a fantastic place to have a beer at the end of a days kiting. Our room was spacious and comfortable. We will definitely return here

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2017

Lovely staff, well maintained place, great view, very helpful hosts, I had a great time over there !
Very clean, organized and cozy!
The owners welcomed me and made me feel safe, at home, they were always available and kind to respond to all my requests, I have nothing to complain about.
They picked me from the airport and made sure to make my stay there as comfortale and peaceful as possible !

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2017

Dar Rio Oro, is a pleasant purpose built 8 roomed Maison d'hote. It is run by Phil (France) and Fatima(Morocco). It faces the lagoon and is just north of the main town.
2 of the rooms share a bathroom. All the others have their own bathroom. There is a room on the ground floor for guests of reduced mobility.
Breakfast is served on the 3rd floor. There is parking if needed and free pickup from Dakhla Airport which is 5 to10 minutes away.
Dar Rio Oro can arrange trips to the local points of interest.
We initially booked for just 2 nights but ended staying 5.
I do not feel there are many places like this in Dakhla and their current Number 1 of B&B seems well deserved.

Room tip: Rooms 5 or 8 on the roof.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2016

We stayed at Dar Rio Oro two nights in early November 2016. The place is clean and cozy and quant and has fabulous morrocan finishings such as the hardwood carved doors the hydraulic tiled floors and the stylish but simple and functional bathrooms all with the great colours. we stayed at the top floor which has a semi private terrace and offers and amazing view over Dakhla Bay. Only drawback is that the AC was not working but im sure it will be fixed soon. Philipe and Fatima run the place but we only met Philipe who is helpful and a very interesting person. We spent a memorable night on the roof top with him and a loccal friend of his. This hotel is located right in the center of Dakhla. It is probably the best place to stay in the town. If yoou go to the Dakhla a few days i recommed you stay here. Vasco and Ana

Room tip: Choose te 3rd floor or better the top floor with the terrace
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

This is a small guest house close to airport and town. Room was big and clean, with a nice vIew of seafront. This is a good place to stay if you need to stay in town but a long way from the Kite area. We hired a car which was was very useful and well priced. . (We previously got one from a local company called Dakra cars/laargoub cars don't do the same it broke down in the desert and attracted the attention of the Police as the lights did not work).

The owners do not speak much English and are very French.

Date of stay: October 2016