“Good food and comfy chairs”

Katonah Reading Room Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Katonah
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We had a nice little brunch here. Favorites were squash quiche, and avocado toast. Kids liked the large hot dogs. It was busy, but service was quick. You order, pay, and then your food is delivered to you. You can sit outside on the porch or inside on comfy chairs. Browse the book selections while waiting for your food. Be sure to visit the pink moose head in the bathroom.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Good food, but slow service. Casual and close to train station Easy to walk into town and shop
Easy to stop and get something and head into city

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stopped here after I got off the train and she was picking me up. We wanted to get a quick bite to eat before heading to a bachelorette party. It is so absolutely adorable inside this spot! It has a very homey coffee house kind of vibe. I felt like I was in my grandmother's living room; that's how cozy and comfortable it was.

You order at the counter and they bring you your food if you ordered anything hot. My friend got eggs on toast and I got an almond croissant and a lavender scone (couldn't chose between the two!). I actually had a really tough time choosing a pastry in general. They all looked incredible.

My pastries were amazing. My friend enjoyed her eggs of toast throughly! They also have a small menu of cooked items and some grab and go type of stuff. Loved this place!

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

The people are friendly, the food great, and the location convenient-- about 100 feet from the train station.

Parking is available in the back.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Had a delicious bahn mi and good coffee here. They also have a small upscale grocery section with cheese, prepared items, drinks, etc., as well as kombucha on draft. It is in a renovated house so the atmosphere is cozy and cool and the cheerful staff make it very inviting, but there isn't a lot of seating and it gets a little crowded in the area where you wait for your food. I would have liked to have gone two days in a row, but they were unfortunately closed on day two due to special circumstances.