“Eat here when you are there.”
Review of Stone Arch Inn

Stone Arch Inn
Reviewed August 13, 2017

Fish was very good. Broccoli overcooked and limp. Desert (banana cream) was excellent. Service was excellent. Ambience was comfortable and friendly..

Date of visit: August 2017
Write a reviewReviews (25)

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

We've been going to the Stone Arch Inn for the past 6 summers when vacationing in the area and it is still a great value. The food is excellent. The service is attentive. Do not go expecting a quick meal. It's a slow paced local joint. That's part of the appeal. We love it because the food is freshly cooked always. We haven't eaten anything we didn't like yet. There are daily specials available and then their main staples like the ribs (yum). Great value - We fed a family of 7 (5 adults 2 children) including 3 appetizers, 7 entrees, drinks, and desserts for under $200; for example. I always recommend this place to anyone traveling in the area.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 21, 2017

It was even better this year. We have a time share nearby in Villa Roma and do not have a lot of great choices of restaurants. The Villa got rid of their club house leaving only the dining room and the cafe. They are not bad but don't come close to providing some real down home cooking. I had the butterflied shrimp and twice baked potatoes and my wife had the Chicken Cordon Bleu with fresh green beans, cauliflower with cheese and corn n the cob. We both were thrilled with the taste of the food.

Afterwards we had some great desert. I had the "Perfect Berry Pie" and my wife had the Jail House Rock. I'm not going to tell you what the "JH Rock" was made out of. It was terrific. The service was great as well. It gets busy on the weekend so call ahead to see if you need a reservation especially if you have a big party.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

The Stone Arch is the place to go. While staying at the Villa Roma Resort we always eat at The Stone Arch. This year we were lucky to eat there twice in one week. I'll start with the appetizers. The steamed clams. Stuffed mushrooms and lobster bisque are incredible. Potato encrusted cod , Orso buco and prime rib on the weekend is not to be missed. And my son talks all year about their beef thumbits and twice baked potato. My favorite place by far in Callicoon

Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

Cozy little place with a great menu. Service and food is really good with plentiful portions. Definitely a new favorite place