See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I needed a place to stay overnight while in Kerhonkson. We picked this hotel because of the reasonable price and location. This motel is owned and run by a wonderful husband and wife team. From the time I reserved our room over the phone I was pretty certain we were dealing with a lovely couple. And I was right. The both of them were so friendly and accommodating from the time we checked in. Once we opened the door to our ROOM NUMBER 10 I was sooooooo surprised. The room smelled so nice and the beds looked so inviting. Our room went way beyond my expectations . It was huge and it was spotless. The grounds were so nice too. If you need a lovely place to stay in this area THE CHELSEA MOTEL is definitely the place to stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Destination589668
Reviewed June 17, 2017

This hotel reminds me of what Holiday Inns were when they were the only chain hotel in the US--modest but clean, a decent place to sleep when you're on the road. The furnishings were a bit plain, but everything was spotlessly clean and well cared-for. The hotel is a short way out of town across the street from a wooded area where lots of birds were singing in the morning. No food is served, but I didn't need it, and my late arrival was no problem. A good deal for the money--I'll stay there again when I come back to the area.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed September 22, 2016

The motel was just a few miles from the races I was attending for the evening, so for me, the location was ideal. I stayed in one of the rooms in the back section which is tucked into the hillside at the edge of the woods. Once I put my luggage in the room, I went outside to sit and relax in the peacefulness of the area. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the room as well as with the nice firm mattress. I would definitely stay here again if in the area. Some of the previous reviews are somewhat critical of the owner, but I had no issues in that regard. In fact, we had a nice 20 minute conversation before I headed to my room. All and all, a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank TomScherer
Reviewed August 13, 2016

While the place was indeed imacculate, it was a bit sparton and lacked in hospitality. The room had one chair, a small fridge and microwave. There was no hair dryer or ironing equiptment. The walls were painted white and bare and the plastic was still on the lampshade. There WAS a cieling fan. There is no tub, just a very tiny shower stall. We aren't large people, but there was noway both my boyfriend and I could shower together. There was no place in the shower to put a shampoo bottle, conditioner or shower gel. There is no vanity, and therefore no place to put anything, like make-up, etc. There is ONE small towel rack, so I had trouble trying to figure out where to hang my wet towels. The towels ARE very clean and soft and fluffy No breakfast/coffe of any kind provided. There really isn't even a real "front office" where most hotel/motel owners might place maps, pamphlets, etc. about the area. When we checked in rather than feeling welcomed by the person who checked us in...I was made to feel as if I was encroaching upon the couple. It is evident that the motel owners are private people and lack a hospitable nature; they really are in the wrong business. My boyfriend felt like we had to be super careful about everything as the owner barked at us about previous guests being so messy, etc.; which by the looks of the room, looked like no property damage was ever done. Also, there are no door hangee things to say, no housekeeping/etc. We would return in the evenings to find the maid would leave the blinds to our room WIDE open, so all the people walking by could look in. The place served our basic needs and we were well located, but it had such a strange and unfriendliness to it, I can't recommend it and I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S S
Reviewed July 26, 2016

My sister and I spent 12 days there. The wooded grounds, the motel itself and the cleanliness of the room were pristine.
Of all the motels we have stayed in over the years, the Chelsea Motel was absolutely perfect: from the courteous and kind proprietors, the very reasonable rates, the extremely comfortable mattress, pillows and spotless linens, and the feeling of being very safe to the convenient microwave, mini frig, flat screen tv and free wifi, the Chelsea Motel is the only place we would ever stay when in the area.
For visitors to the Shawangunk Mountain range and Ulster County at the foot of the Catskills, we highly recommended the Chelsea Motel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family