Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2021 via mobile

There have been at least THREE SHOOTINGS in this hotel within the past six months. One person was finally killed today, 1/1/21. What a way to start the year! The management of this hotel does not care about its space or this community. Space is rented for all-night parties despite Covid-19 restrictions. Due to all the “activity” our local precinct has had to park a vehicle outside this hotel for months in an attempt to deter whatever is going on here that causes shootings in the first place.

Kew Gardens is a quiet, residential community with tree-lined streets and three schools. The Umbrella Hotel needs to be shut down. It’s doing nothing but bring down our community, erode the sense of safety we’ve all had and exhaust the resources of the 102nd precinct.

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU’D WANT THIS TO HAPPEN IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!

Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank lourdesmH4918OM
Reviewed July 20, 2020

The smell of smoke in my non-smoking room was so overwhelming I felt nauseous the entire stay. Everything was coated in dirt and there were gross stains on the bedspread. Air conditioner was loud and leaked water everywhere. No fridge or coffee maker. Bathroom was unclean and the shower was covered in rust, toilet paper hadn’t been replaced and there was hair from a previous guest that hadn’t been cleaned. I had very low expectations but this place was so vile it made my skin crawl.

Date of stay: July 2020
4  Thank mbD140IK
Reviewed June 4, 2020 via mobile

Worst hotel-stay I have ever experienced. It also operates as a shelter for homeless! Filled with ghetto and loud individuals. All night party and loudness from lobby to rooms next door. Customer service doesn’t care and doesn’t do anything. The rooms are run down and filthy! Don’t waste your money. Homeless people stay here is a partial shelter! Gross

Date of stay: June 2020
2  Thank 297kamilam
Reviewed February 21, 2020 via mobile

I’d give this hotel a half star if I could only because its conveniently located near the E train stop. I’ve stayed in a few cheap (and by NYC cheap, I mean $100 a night) places in the area, and this has to be one of the worst. There must’ve been a reason its not even a comfort inn hotel anymore. I was supposedly on a non smoking room, yet the hallways reeked of marijuana and cigarettes combined. My room was dirty. The wifi basically doesn’t work, there’s no coffee maker, all the power outlets charge at half speed, my toilet keeps running, the shower doesn’t have anywhere to place your soap/shampoo, and the bath towels are half the normal size. Proceed at your own risk.

Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank naregm2015
Reviewed December 20, 2019

I had stayed at this place for 4 days on a business trip. Love the location and a short walk to the subway. Good eateries around and the staff was amazing. Clean and quiet place. I would love to recommend this place to anyone.

Room tip: top floors have good view
Date of stay: December 2019