“Excellent food in a historic home with great service.”
Review of Hoffman House

Hoffman House
Ranked #3 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beautifully restored 17th century stone house at corner of historic stockade district in Kingston, NY. Summer patio dining, winter fireside dining.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We ate dinner here on Friday night and enjoyed the food and service so much we came back the very next night. Our server was Lorraine and she was personable, professional, knowledgeable and FUN!

HoffmanHouse, Owner at Hoffman House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It was indeed very nice to see you back on Saturday evening. I'm sorry we didnt catch you in time to give you your doggie bag! Hope to see you again. Safe travels.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Some Kingston friends took a small group of us out out-of towners for dinner last week. It was GREAT ! Had a beautiful room and the food was terrific. A nice wide menu selection and between us we had most everything... and everything was really good. Desserts were to die for. The service was also outstanding and the owner was present, welcoming, and always around making sure we were happy. We were ! Go there ASAP. you'll be glad you did. OH, and the building alone is worth the visit.

So glad to hear you all enjoyed your dining experience at The Hoffman House. We hope to see you again next time you visit Kingston.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

picked this place after reading a brief review and was so glad we went. the building itself is super historical and somewhat 'original' but not in a bad way. the staff is really friendly and the atmosphere is very very lively. the menu is large and quite interesting. i had a delish turkey burger w/carmelized onions and avo and roasted acorn squash with spinach and feta. my beau had a perfect steak, that came with a lovely salad. he ordered scalloped taters and a unique mix or basmati rice quick fried with noodles. weird sounding but delish!!! a huge and amazing bread basket came first. we were soooo hungry that we caved and ordered nachos as an app. they were perfect but not special (so save your appetite for dessert). we were soooooo full that we couldn't have dessert but were not disappointed. plan to go soon - the restaurant is for sale and who knows what changes might come after it sells!

HoffmanHouse, Owner at Hoffman House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Just to ease your concerns, yes, we are for sale but it is business as usual (over 40 years as usual) .

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Dinner last night at the Hoffman House was excellent. The property a - a late 17th century restored building - was quaint and welcoming. We did opt to dine in a covered outdoor patio because it was a beautiful autumn evening. Service was exceptional. We were quickly greeted by a lovely hostess who showed us to our table and was visible throughout the meal topping up waters and checking on diners. Our waitress was likewise - very engaging, friendly and frequently checking on us. We opted for bacon wrapped scallops and the fried calamari- both very good.
My 1/2 Duck main and her chicken Alfredo were both excellent. We would return to the Hoffman House in a New York minute.

Thank you for your kind response. I am happy to hear your service was what we strive to provide. Catch you next time.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I really, really, really wanted to like this place. I'll be positive first. It was our anniversary and being history buffs, we wanted to celebrate at an old historic restaurant in Kingston, NY. The outdoor dining was sweet...soft lighting, the sound of tree frogs, brick walls, tons of potted flowers. Our drinks came, me wine, he beer. Both were not cold, not even close. Salad? Greens with dressing; no tomatoes, cucumbers, etc, nothing else! Appetizers? I got the shrimp cocktail with a thick, thick sauce I couldn't scoop onto my shrimp. He got Ahi tuna that was so thick and the wasabi sauce was so thin and flavorless. Dinner? My sliced lamb looked and tasted like a steak, good but I wanted a lamb taste. He had chicken cordon blue...not flavorful as well. Oh so sorry it couldn't have been a more memorable dinner!
P.S. Saw a sign as we were leaving...site for sale!

I am sorry you did not enjoy your recent dinners at The Hoffman House.
I hope you might give us another chance to make things better for you.