“Excellent food and service”

Ship to Shore Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 223 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

The food here is excellent. It is tasty and flavorful. The menu selection made it difficult to choose as everything looked deliciously described on the menu. The staff was very attentive to our needs as we sat outside and it began to rain. They did all they could to accommodate us and keep us dry as we really wanted to eat outside. I recommend the red snapper with quinoa-- amazing flora with the half tail lobster. The lobster shrimp bisque with fried clam balls scrumptious! It's a local favorite from what we gathered from the word on the street.

1  Thank Cheryl A

Reviewed July 31, 2017

I would recommend sitting outside weather permitting. It was stuffy inside and raining out, so we had to be inside. The lamb ribs were very good as well as the grouper. The salmon was overcooked and a little tough. The wine was good and the back room looks nice with the wine. Wait staff was OK, they don't hover. It was not a super romantic place, but it was nice.

Reviewed July 26, 2017

very nice place. Wait staff was efficient but not very charismatic -- in fact he was boring! food and drinks were excellent. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

We visited from a boat and had the best meal we have had on the whole trip. I started with the shrimp quesadilla, perfectly cooked with shrimp, cheese and very fresh avocado. My husband enjoyed the coquilles st jacques. For the main course I ordered the lobster ravioli. Delicate wontons generously stuffed with chunks of lobster meat in a beautiful silky champagne butter sauce. The fish and lobster tail was also delicious. The service was both attentive and unobtrusive. A nice wine list with most choices available by the glass. We can't wait to return. It is not a cheap meal by any means, but well worth it for a special evening out.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

It was Fourth of July that my husband and I decided , last minute , to go to the Rondout in Kingston, NY. We were definitely not disappointed when we went to this lovely, lively outdoor /indoor pub and bistro located across the street from the creek. The atmosphere there features congenial wait staff and customers. The fish , my husband and I ordered was delicate and flavorful, topped with a thick , soft , totally edible lemon slice cooked and soaked in the savory buttery juice from the fish. Though on the pricey side, this well-established waterside restaurant has daily features on their menu like Hanburger Monday with The Works for $25. We definitely plan on returning thus summer for sure.