“Wonderful dinner”

Ranked #15 of 224 Restaurants in Kingston
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Our table of four had fresh, delicious food and the halibut beurre blanc was excellent. My husband had a special request for a dish that wasn't on the menu, and Chef Bruce went out of his way to make it for him and it was delicious. The service was great too. I wish I could give the Bowery 10 stars for last nights dinner.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Three of us went here for a friend's birthday because the reviews seemed very good. I am rating this as average because two of the dinners were decent, but the third was pretty bad.
We shared a shrimp cocktail which was not very tasty, very bland shrimp. I ordered a cocktail which was very light on the liquor. Two of us had the stuffed shrimp which was good. The salads that came with dinner were perhaps the laziest version of salad ever. Large lettuce leaves, 2 grape tomatoes, and a few slices of zucchini, of all things. No onion or cucumber or anything else.
The other dinner ordered was a special, halibut with some kind of sauce. My gluten free friend ordered this minus the sauce. When the dinners came, she began eating the halibut but something didn't seem right, and she starting picking through the fish. She found what she believed to be some kind of worms, 3 or 4 of them, light-colored with tapered ends. She called the waitress over, showed her, and the waitress took her plate back to the kitchen.
When she returned, the waitress had a new plate of food identical to the original order with a smaller piece of fish. She stated that the cook said it was just veins. My friend was not convinced but tried some of the new fish and said it tasted different, much fresher than the first piece. However, at that point, her appetite was pretty much ruined. We paid our bill and left.
We felt that this could have been handled much better by offering her something else or at least taking off some of her meal cost. Neither option was offered. I have to say, I've experienced better customer service at chain restaurants when my meal was not what it should have been. Expensive for the quantity and quality of food. Definitely would not return.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Food was mediocre -average not hot when came To table. very loud felt like a barroom
Too expensive for a pub wait staff great not handicap accessible

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

So we went on a Saturday early bird night around 5 called for reservations because of other reviews.
The server was fantastic had a great personality and explained the specials and early bird menu.
I had the fried seafood platter very tasty. They give you a soup which is a little smaller than a cup. The French Onion was probably the best I ever had. Loads of garlic bread And dessert and coffee. Other s in my. Party had a stuffed shrimp and stuffed filet if sole all were very happy with meals we also had a dozen little necks. They were fresh and incredible dessert was a cheese cake or pecan pie both were good. We will return

Reviewed August 6, 2018

We haven't been to The Dugout in years. My dad was a bartender back in the 60's!
Well, it didn't disappoint. Great service, perfect cocktails, fun atmosphere and really good food. The prices are reasonable, too. We had an assortment of seafood and absolutely loved the freshly shucked fried oysters. We will be back.