“One night's stay.”
Review of Super 8 Kingston

Super 8 Kingston
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The staff made check-in quick and simple. The room had two queen beds, mico/fridge, and clean room. Plenty of space in the bathroom and shower.

The nearest restaurant was probably 1/2 mile located in a mall. This was no problem for me, as Im am a walker.

The parking lot is large. Plenty of space if your vehicle is a motor home or towing a trailer.

This facility can be difficult to locate if not using GPS. Drove by the entrance twice. Discovered that Super 8's sign is BEHIND a Holiday Inn sign. Look for the Holiday Inn first. I mentioned this to the front desk. The woman agreed with me, aslo the management was looking into this problem.

Rooms are smoking and nonsmoking. A $50.00 fine for smoking in nonsmoking. Also a $25..00 penelty fee for any pet left unattended. Can't say if this facility is pet friendly. I can't recall seeing any pet, dogs or cats.

My stay cost $92.00, paid with travelers checks. For this price I enjoyed a comfortable bed, clean room in a quiet neighborhood. If the price was lower, I probably stasy again. Stasyed June 2007.

Jack L., Syracuse, New York.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 January 2012

While the property needs to be refurbished, the rooms are exceptionally clean, the beds are very comfortable and the staff could not do enough to make your stay a good experience. It is an exceptional value for the location. The continental breakfast was excellent and having a coffee pot in my room was a bonus.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2011

we have been staying at the super 8 hotel on washington avenue in kingston ny for several weeks now; the cleanliness of the hotel/and the rooms are not to be questioned; the friendliness of the staff: Rebecca, Leilani, manager Peter, housekeeping, the "breakfast" person Darlene all make you feel like you know them for a long time and do definitely go out of their way.
Great job thanks to all of you

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I would echo the reviews that say this is a good value for money place to stay. The hotel, I think, is being refurbished gradually. The new bed was great, the room well appointed, with the exception of the carpet and a slightly worn (but very clean) bathroom. Super 8 as a brand is let down by the inconsistentcy of the breakfast - this particular motel offers the most basic version. The staff were friendly, and it was a quiet place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We stayed for 2 nights while getting together with friends...this was our central location. Honestly, for the price ($40+) less than any other rooms in the area, we were pleased. We had a deluxe king room with fridge, microwave, recliner & pull out sofa. The room was large and was basically the "hang out room" for our group. Bathroom was a bit small and amenities lacking - only shampoo & one small soap bar - but again, the price was right. The recliner was a bit threadbare on the arm and bathroom could use a little updating but I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for value. The continental breakfast was limited but there was cereal, toast, juice, coffee, & danish. We were able to get three rooms together when we arrived. Overall, I was very pleased and would definitely stay here again. If you want luxury then spend the extra $$ and stay elsewhere...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Upstatefamily
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I have stayed here on and off since Irene sometimes for a couple of weeks straight. It's a basic hotel with nothing necessarily special to speak of but it is clean, the beds are comfortable, the staff and their manager are friendly, helpful and interested in you enjoying your stay, and it is located in a safe part of Kingston near a grocery store and restaurants. In the past two months, I have not been able to locate another hotel in the area near this price that I could say the same things about.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Bear M
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a wedding. I read the reviews before going and I was a bit nervous. The customer service was very nice, but the building itself needs so much work. I slept horrible all 3 nights. The doors were not sound proof and you could hear every door slam on the floor your on. On top of that people were throwing a party next door (on a Thursday night till 3 am!). We called the front desk and they did what they could to keep them quiet (I felt they should have done more). I also found hair or fur in my bed sheets the first night, so I slept on top of some towels. Once I pointed this out to the cleaning ladies, they apologized and gave me new ones. I didn't trust the carpet so I wore my socks or sandals. Also, my parent’s room had no power near the vanity area, so they had to come in my room to blow dry their hair.
Our drive was stressful enough and to stay at a hotel like this just made it worse. If you’re looking for a clean and restful place I suggest to go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Holly P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
0.2 km away
17.3 km away
Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties
6.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster

Been to Super 8 Kingston? Share your experiences!