“Stay Away from this motel!”
Review of Super 8 Kingston

Super 8 Kingston
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Unfortunately we waited too long to make reservations for a local event and all the other places were booked, so we stayed at the Super 8 in Kingston. We had a "non-smoking" room - it was specifically pointed out to us that it was a non-smoking motel. It smelled so bad in there, I felt like i was sleeping in a room full of smokers. I had to disinfect everything that came home with me the next day - it was that bad! Thank God for Febreeze is all I can say otherwise I could not have slept at all.
The bathroom needed renovations years ago and the room was not much better. The cleaning staff did a good job with what they had to work with, at least there was that. I was late for breakfast and when I asked the desk "manager" who was busy having breakfast with another member of the staff, if he had anything left at all, he threw a couple of danishes at me, and quite annoyed.
I would do you a disservice not to dissuade you. The base rate of $110/night (it's worth 1/2 that maybe) is the same as MUCH better other places in the area.
Overall terrible experience!!!

Room Tip: A good room means going somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
KINGSTONSUP8, General Manager at Super 8 Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear guest,
We would like to send our sincerest apologies regarding your most recent stay with us and have reached out to you via email regarding your concerns. We've also looked into this room and will be putting it down until further renovations can be made.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the second time returning to Kingston. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Hotel is in a good location easy access to diner and drug store. Good value so no complaints.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review of the Kingston Super 8. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that the staff and room were to your satisfaction.
Looking forward to providing you with a great stay on your next trip!

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Hotel is great and very easy to get to. Clean rooms at good price. Next time we go back hope they get a smoking room.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Kingston Super 8. We are pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to hosting you in the future.
Best,

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I had a good stay, except for the fact that the room smelled like an ashtray. I complained about it by going to the front desk. I was told that the whole establishment was smoke free...BUT, obviously it isn't. I noticed a few rooms had a Non-Smoking emblem by the door number. If it's a non-smoking motel, should that emblem be on each door in the place? If it were, it would be more of a deterrent to make smokers go out doors instead of lighting up inside. So, because there were no more rooms available, I had to stay in that room. By morning, the clothes I had hanging smelled like stale cigarette smoke.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay. We regret to hear that this room was not satisfactory and will be looking into taking it out until it has been renovated. I am pleased to hear that the staff was courteous and the location suited you. We hope to accommodate you in a better room on your next trip.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

The staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms nice, breakfast not a lot of food, but enough. Only complaint
was that the walls were very thin and heard the people next door as if they were in our room. Other than
that enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
KINGSTONSUP8, General Manager at Super 8 Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the Kingston Super 8. We are happy to hear the facility met your needs but do apologize regarding the thin walls. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2017

The only reason I gave it as much as two was the people who work there. They were extremely helpful to me with my special needs. Other than that, it's a one (1). This hotel is old and tired. It was also dirty, esp. around the edges of the room. There was no place to plug in my computer as the few outlets in the room were occupied and (worst of all) inaccessible, or I would have unplugged something to plug in the computer. I had a handicap accessible room, and the sink was too close to the toilet, making a dangerous situation. I took one look at the shower and decided I'd take a "spit bath" that night. Needs cleaning and a complete update. I did not partake of the breakfast...the area was small and dirty.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel are better.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that our facility was not satisfactory to you but thank you for making the comment regarding the staff. All our handicap accessible rooms are built to regulation requirements but we will look into the safety concern you bring up.
We regret to hear we could not accommodate you better.
Best,

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Room was not clean. Dust and dirt on the floor around the bed. Previous occupant's sock was on the floor. One bedside lamp had the socket bent over and hanging by the wires. Neither bedside lamp was plugged in. One could not be plugged in because there was no outlet in reach of the cord. There is no overhead light in the bedroom area so lighting was inadequate. Corridor and room door hinges noisy and need lubrication. Motel need a good cleaning and upgrade.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory and are looking into the above issues stated. In the future, please speak with our front desk/management prior to checkout so that we are able to move you and better suit your accommodations.

Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
4.7 km away
17.3 km away
Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties
6.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster

Been to Super 8 Kingston? Share your experiences!