“Clean - comfortable”
Review of Super 8 Kingston

Super 8 Kingston
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 3 September 2017

It's not the Hilton, so some of the reviews here have been a little over the top in their criticism. It needs work to be certain, but the bed was spotless, the bathroom dated, but clean and the room smelled as if the rug had been recently cleaned.

A little paint, a little caulk can make a difference, but for the price it was worth it.

Also - very nice greeting at the front desk. Quick and friendly.

Room Tip: Try to get the second floor between #200 - 210. Faces a line of trees and there's no street nois...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
KINGSTONSUP8, General Manager at Super 8 Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review of the Kingston Super 8. Although we do understand that guests have issues, new management and her team are working hard at revamping this hotel. Each room is getting repainted and done over with new flooring and furniture; unfortunately, it does take time. We are pleased to hear that the price was right for you and that the staff was pleasant and accommodating. We look forward to you being able to host you in one of our newer rooms as well.
Thank you again!
Management

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We have been staying at this hotel for over a decade when we come to this area to work at the fair there. Most years they have given us better weekly rates for our stay as we are vendors and returning patrons year after year. This year my rate went up over $150 from the year before which was shocking. Though I liked our room, the musty smell is very unpleasant and is only masked by the chemical sprays which I don't want to inhale either. Luckily, the Super 8 website offered a better deal which I was able to get and the hotel changed me over to the new rate which was still higher than the prior year.

The bed was comfortable and the people working in the hotel are very nice and helpful. It is convenient to our fair and to other shopping needs. They have also been redoing some of the smoking rooms which is very needed and a step in the right direction.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dear guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Kingston Super 8. We apologize that the rate was not satisfactory but are pleased to hear that the bed and staff were helpful. We can look into something a little different for our fair guests next year, as you are valued guests of ours, so I thank you for bringing it to my attention. We are indeed now 100% non-smoking and are actually redoing the entire hotel one room at a time. We look forward to hosting you again next year!
Management

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I want to let you know, I will never stay or tell my family and friends not to stay at your Motel Super8. Your manger Amber isn't very Professional, she is rude and don't dress proper, I ]stayed there a few times, I wanted to talk to the Manger and I always got the same excuse sorry she isnt in yet. And when I finally got to talk to her, she wasn't nice or pleasant. She likes to talk down to people!! I also noticed while I was staying there, some of the rooms weren't cleaned proper. And I heard one other guest say we are leaving cause they saw bugs. And the manger acted like she didn't care. I will never tell any of my family and friends to stay at the Super8 Motel in Kingston, NY. There was only 2 women and 1 gentleman that was very nice, polite and helpful, their names are Jeanine and Jessica and Chris. I never go back or tell anyone to stay there. You need to get a better Manger, and better employees, like the 3 that I mentioned.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
KINGSTONSUP8, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear guest,
We are sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable but appreciate the feedback. Our General Manager, Amber, wears many different hats at this property and sometimes must dress down to be able to aide in the housekeeping or maintenance departments; we apologize if that offends you. Our facility also gets checked regularly by our pest control company and has had no issues to date in quite some time. We will take your positive comments regarding the employees you did enjoy and thank you. We hope you and your friends find other accommodations that better suit your needs; we are sorry we could not serve you better.
Best,
Super 8 Kingston

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

After reading reviews before booking, I felt like the room we had was about what I expected. It wasn't fancy or magnificent, but it was adequate--particularly for one night's stay after a long drive. The hotel as a whole could use remodeling, but at least the room was clean. There wasn't an elevator to get to the second floor, but we found a side entrance that was pretty close to our room. I can't vouch for the breakfast because we ate at the Dietz Diner instead, which I'd highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Room was very clean. Hallways and stairwells did not look that clean. I would return again. I first stayed here in about 1992. Doesn't seem as if it has changed too much, but neither has it been neglected. Not too far of NY Thruway. Good diner nearby.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017

A good moderately priced option in an area with limited and expensive motel options. Further, most competitive motels have very strict cancellation rules and penalties or minimum stay requirements. We were going day by day so we did not want a motel's location to determine where we could paddle or site-see and when. The area around the motel is not motel/restaurant row; more of a business/industrial area. However, it was quiet. Grounds were well-kept. Breakfast was the typical continental carbohydrate choices - which was fine for us.

We checked in earlier in the day, picked up our key but did not go to our room. Around 9 pm, we went to the motel and directly to our room. It had not been serviced from the night before guests. We expected - given the time, the rather full parking lot, etc. - that we would be given whatever rooms happened to be left. Instead, the desk clerk apologized and gave us, instead, a suite for the night. It was spacious, clean and we really enjoyed having vanity space for 2 people! Good customer service.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
4.7 km away
17.3 km away
Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties
6.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster

Been to Super 8 Kingston? Share your experiences!