All reviews downtown buffalo stayed here best western hotel room was clean fitness center close to downtown would stay here again free breakfast short drive up to date hotel is located night's sleep easy access whirlpool closet convenience ny
Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here while attending a workshop . Staff were friendly and inviting. Hotel was convienently located, clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the time we were there and will stay there again next time we were there.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2018

We were happy staying at this hotel. I have a very sensitive sense of smell, and look for places that not only appear "clean enough" but also "smell clean", and therefore, usually end up paying more for that level of cleanliness. It was a bit further away from the centre of things, but worth the value to us. It was not five star level, but suited our standards. The one thing we did not care for was the strong and heavy blowing fan in the HVAC unit, but it still smelled OK.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2018

We’ve stayed at Best Westerns before in various US cities and this one is below the usual Best Western standard.
First the good. The linen and bathrooms were clean. So were the pool and breakfast area. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location was perfect – close to downtown Buffalo, good restaurants in the area, and only 20-30 minute ride to Niagara.
Now the bad, the breakfast was close to non-existent. Hardly anything to choose from and of poor quality on top of that. Since breakfast was included in the price, I’m sure that might have been a selling point for a lot of people. Rooms need updating, although as I mentioned they are kept clean. Advertised printer in PC room didn’t work.
Overall, for what we paid it was still a good deal, but, as I mentioned, this was below our expectations of Best Western chain.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2018

After a trip through the NYS blizzard, we were very happy to be greeted kindly and have a warm, comfortable room. We were planning on using the fitness center but arrived just in time to see the show. Breakfast was all we needed.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed December 9, 2017

Best Western Lackawanna you should be ashamed, this used to be a nice place to visit with friendly helpful people. Let me start by saying we have stayed at this hotel at least 20 times over the past few years. When we want to shop in the Buffalo area we always stay here as we really really liked it. But this time was way different. Let me tell you why

1. Not that big of a deal but we are platinum members and requested early check in and the front desk said no way they were full (I had my doubts)
2. We asked for an upgrade again we were told no way (I had my doubts)
3. When we finally got our room it overlooked the lobby so we had a view of the awning and a cars
3. Here is the kicker....so the hotel has Free Breakfast....that was a joke. The woman looking after the breakfast area was nowhere to be found. The fridge was empty of yogurts, no bread, one piece of cold sausage and a handful of eggs. There was a line up of hungry guys who stayed after a football game and nothing. Coffee was all empty, milks were empty. A few people went to the front desk to complain and it seems they were not concerned and said they don't look after the breakfast area. Finally the lady looking after the area came back and filled the coffee and left. Awful!! So we thought ok maybe it was a bad day but as we were there for 2 nights we noticed the next morning the same Non Service. When we asked for yogurt she went to the back room gave us one and left....but didn't proceed to fill the fridge for other people. ( I have attached pictures if anyone is interested)
4. Another review mentioned the smell of urine and I agree with that. The carpets in the rooms need cleaning as it smelled like urine and smelly feet
5. The mini fridge in the room leaked, made loud noise and froze everything we brought

The best part of this stay was checking out.
Next visit to the area we will be going elsewhere

Room Tip: Say you don't want over the lobby...no view....
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple