See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 17, 2015

although I have been to lake George many times and stay at Do-Rest- Court as well, this time my Family was with me, My daughter, two grandsons and future son-in-law. My family really enjoyed their self, as I knew they would. The boys stay in the pool whenever possible. We had a family cabin with frig and stove because you know growing boys have to eat. the rooms were large and the cabins were very clean as well as the grounds area. The most important part is the caring and respectful people who run this place Doreen and Beth. I have never stayed anywhere there were nicer people, I was feeling like I was Family. It's the kind of place that you could go and feel like you were at home. We decided this was going to be our family get away every year. See you guys next year...

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We been going to the Do-Rest for 30 years.Doreen and Beth make us feel just like family'.They go out of their way to make sure we have a great time.It feels like my second home.The cabins are large,clean and very reasonable.Staying at the Do-Rest is half the fun of going to Lake George for us.I've sent many of my friends there and they all thanked me when they got back home.Bob Reed and Family.

Room Tip: Theres no bad cabins,there all great.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Robert R
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I am a seasoned traveler My husband and I stayed there last summer. cabin is large, clean and well equipped. Owner is absolutely warm and wonderful. Cant wait to get back there. A diamond in the rough.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank audd59
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We've stayed in countless hotels in Lake George over the years - from rundown holes in the wall to brand new chain hotels. We actually prefer more country-style, homey, relaxed places than the $250/night cookie-cutter resorts.

This place fits us perfectly! We just returned from a long weekend with our 3 1/2 year old son and we will definitely go back! We heard about it from a friend and decided to look it up online. There website doesn't do it justice at all. It's not right in town, which is perfectly okay for us - it's right across from Riley's. Each room is it's own cabin - some are attached like a duplex, but some stand alone. A small grilling area and grill are provided. The rooms aren't anything modern and spectacular, but they do what's required... give you a nice and clean place to rest your head and clean yourself up. The air conditioner was very new, if not brand new.

There was a nice little play area for kids 10 and under. I could see that this place is better for either young families, or older adults - not families with teens.

The only downsides were:
The heated pool is still very chilly. It was fine for me, but not my little guy. His father stayed on the side with him, both only able to put their feet in.
The beds are not the most comfortable, but I've definitely seen worse.

All in all, it was very pleasant and VERY affordable!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Doreen and Beth made us feel like we were family. They made sure that we were comfortable and happy with the accommodations. The pool was so refreshing. We can't wait to go back. We told all of our friends what a great place this was to visit. Joan Desjardins, Mike Tasso and Aidan

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family