“quick and quiet getaway. Excellent stay!!”

The Inn of Lake George
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake George
The Inn of Lake George
Ranked #14 of 26 Lake George B&B and Inns
Valley Stream, New York
“quick and quiet getaway. Excellent stay!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Me and my girlfriend stayed at this bed and breakfast over the weekend. It was a quick and last minute plan. The pictures on the website do not do it justice. The b&b is right in the center of the strip and literally close to everything. The room was beautiful and an antique yet modern feel. The owner of the B&B Barbara was better tahn a hotel concierge! She knew exactly where to go and the best places to eat lunch and dinner. She personally made breakfast everyday and it was exceptional!! Definitely going back to this B&B! Thanks Barbara!!!

Room Tip: all the rooms had their own theme and were equally nce.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martin9298

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My boyfriend and I were looking for somewhere to go on a quick getaway without breaking our pockets during the July 4th weekend. I have to say that what is protrayed on our host website for the The Inn of Lake George is totally underrated. The B&B owned by Barbara and Horst is absolutely lovely and cozy! The rooms are clean, orderly and have their own private bathrooms. Barbara was more than accomodating to all her guests and was very nice to rent us the room for only two nights. She even forgot that we were leaving on Sunday!!! I felt right at home and wouldn't have stayed anywhere else. Her breakfast was delicious and we were sad to leave. I would definitely want to stay here again and will recommend this B&B to my family and friends. My boyfriend and I look forward to going back really soon!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Missjojo82
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 August 2010

First time visitors to Lake George should beware that the food in the village is outright terrible. That said, my breakfast was probably the culinary highlight of the trip. The hosts served everything, from crepes to french toast to eggs - any way you like them. The servings are plentiful and Barbara offers freshly-baked pies (if you still have room).
The rooms were clean and air conditioned. The only downsides were a lack of wifi and any sort of dining area. If you wanted to eat in, that eating had to be done on the bed. They did have a main dining area and deck open to guests. The hosts
were very accommodating and personable.
It's also worthwhile to mention that the inn is very close to the (mediocre) eateries, the abundant gift shops, the beach, as well as Prospect Mountain. On top of that, it was quite affordable and you definitely get a lot of value for your money.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 2 August 2009

My boyfriend and I needed a place to stay for a night since we were up for a wedding in Lake George. The Inn of Lake George was a perfect location. The Inn is located on a side street just off the center of town and is a minute's walk from the lake. It is also within a 5 minute walk of a hiking trail up Prospect Mountain. The B&B owners are a very nice couple and were very attentive and accommodating. We wanted to check in a couple of hours early and that was not a problem at all.

The Inn was built from scratch 5 years ago so everything is new and clean. Each room has its own bathroom, but most rooms have no tv (if that's something you're looking for).

Breakfast was great. The food was plentiful, with as much as you wanted of yogurt, fruit, pastries, orange juice, tomato juice, coffee, eggs (any style), sausage & bacon. One of the owners took care of the entire breakfast, serving us and making sure we were happy with everything.

Overall, it was a great value and great location. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewYorkTraveler246
NY
Reviewed 21 July 2009

I just got back from Lake George and I stayed at a great little B and B in the heart of the villiage. Cozy, clean rooms with private baths. Great breakfast. Gracious hosts. I would recommend this B and B to anyone going to Lake George.

1 Thank dmk12540