“Beyond Spectacular for Families”
Review of Mohican Motel

Mohican Motel
Ranked #28 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This place it top notch. I've stayed in suites that cost hundreds of dollars and motels that cost $50, so I know the full range of accommodations that one can choose while traveling. That said, the Mohican was 10-times better that I could have imagined. The Stark family, that runs the motel, are the friendliest people on the planet. The online pictures don't do the place justice. The interiors and exteriors have been completely redone. There is outdoor pool, outdoor kid pool, outdoor hot tub and an indoor pool and hot tub.

As I mentioned in the title of the review, this is the perfect place for families. There is a game room, large train (made out of wood) to play on, jungle gym and basketball court.

When we were there, Dave and George were manning the desk. These two guys are tops! Just a couple of great guys to hang out and talk with. I have an enormous amount of respect for the blood, sweat and tears that Dave, George, the Stark family and other workers put into the Mohican.

The rooms and grounds are pristine, and the price is great. The Mohican kicks your Lake George vacation up about ten notches. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank chrismcq1

Reviewed 29 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here for the third time in two years. I was there the first last summer and decided to take our employees backup to Lake George for a weekend. We had stayed in a basic room the first time. The second time we stayed in the condos. They were actually very spacious. The condo rooms have a large 2nd floor, which was great for our family and our guest. The room we stayed in also had a two large flat screen TVs with DVD. We stayed two nights and had a great time. The management staff is second to none when it comes to answering questions and helping us all get settled in. I'm definitely planning another trip up to Lake George this summer and will stay here again. I would give this place and its staff A+.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Rab R
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed at this motel for two nights. We didn't book in advance and just stopped by to find out if they have any rooms left. The girl at the desk was helpful and offered us a family unit which had two big bedrooms and suited our budget. They also have a surprising indoor pool and hot tub. Wi-fi is provided ad well.
The only con I can think of is that there is no place to eat around. If you need something you. Have to get into your car and drive.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My family and I have stayed at the Mohican Motel twice over the years and we are going back for the 4th of July this year (2012). The owners are friendly, very accommodating and helpful. The rooms are very clean and the girls who clean the room are friendly. The only complaint is the shower heads in the rooms. David, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put in new shower heads in the rooms (especially in the apartment townhouses that have the full kitchens since we will be staying there this year). A major complaint we have is that the shower heads are barely usable. The indoor pool is spotless and having laundry facilities on the premises is excellent. Also, having a place to barbeque and eat breakfast at is ideal for families. The hot tub is refreshing and so is the pool. One complaint my kids had was that there were never enough quarters in the game room and this was something they always looked forward to. I highly recommend this gem of a motel because it is a great place to stay with wonderful owners who have clean rooms. Highly recommend!!!

Room Tip: Efficiency Apartments are wonderful, as are the apartment townhomes. Very spacious. Book early as th...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Mgharway
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Got to tell you this place is awesome the room was excellent and clean . We both had a great time and the owner was nice and helpful would recommend to anyone

Room Tip: Get the honeymoon suite its awesome for anniversarys or any thing
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2011

To Campbel5 concerning the Mohican Motel

You forgot to mention how obnoxious all of you were!! I was staying at the motel when you all were there. You had no regard for anyone.. making extremely loud, drunken noise at 3 in the morning and you were given a warning by the management several times before they finally kicked you all out! I would have kicked you out the first day! Many of the guests applauded when your cars pulled out of the driveway.

I have stayed at this Motel every summer for the past 20 years, and had nothing but courteous service from the Stark family!

If anyone looking for a great motel in Lake George, the Mohican is the best around with spotless rooms, spotless grounds, friendly staff, 2 pools (indoor and out) game room, playground , picnic tables and grills.

Being on vacation and having fun is one thing, but partying all night, being very loud and being rude is just plain immature and pathetic! You also forgot to mention why the cops were called .. I mean the main reason! I don't think you want me to mention it on here!

So, before you go running your big mouth about the Mohican Motel ...try growing up!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank timeflies0
Reviewed 8 August 2011

After being treated horrible at the nearby Comfort Suites we checked for vacancy at The Mohican Motel. I am so glad that we chose to stay here. The motel is very well kept and clean. The attendants at the front desk and the housekeepers were very friendly! My daughter loved the playground; we practicaly had to drag her off. We will be back to this motel, hopefully very soon! Thank you! The Ferreira Family

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family