“Very fun!”

Howard Johnson Lake George
Ranked #41 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I stayed at the villager in the begining of may. i liked it very much. it was pretty fun. i just needed to get away for a while and the location of the villager was great. the people that worked there were very nice. The brother and sister at the front desk gave me a room at first but i didnt like it because it smelled like smoke so they changed it and gave me a non smoking room which was great! if i ever was to come to lake george again, i would definetly stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 May 2010

My boyfriend and I needed a place to stay for one night in mid-May. We pulled into the Villager and the price was right. While I was paying for the room, I noticed the signs above the cashier's head that said "Please look at room before paying. ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS. And no arguing with the front desk person. NO REFUNDS." Too late, my credit card was already charged. Now were were worried. The room itself was nasty, outdated, dusty, musty, dirty bathroom floor, pillows hard as rocks, bed too hard, scary looking comforter, no bed skirt, just a musty dusty mattress...it was BAAADDDDD. I wore flip flops the whole time in the room and worries about bed bugs to the point that I could not sleep. The towels were so old that they scratched my face when I used the washcloth. Cannot believe this place exists. Possibly the worst place I have ever stayed. Spend the extra money and stay at the Georgian down the street - it was top notch!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aemlovesnegril
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Upon entering our room I noticed the decor was very outdated, but it was very clean. The location of the motel is fantastic, you can walk to everything in the Village. Owners and workers very pleasant and helpful. Having a McDonalds next door is great for morning coffee or for a late night snack. Pool was clean and clear. I would and hopefully will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2009

when we first arrived and checked into to our room we noticed that the toilet seat was patially missing , my husband went right to the office and informed them of this matter so we were moved to the room next door well all I can say it was like a 1950's flash back and that's a problem since I wasn't born unitl the 70's very outdated bugs every where the odor was not pleasent ( moldy at best ) I was affraid to lay down on the bed the coverlet was stained with blood, it was quite nasty.... I was not a happy camper in any means . I would ste er clear of this place there are many hotels to choose from so ask to see the rooms before you purchase ....

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2009

We had a wonderful time at the Villager Motor Inn in Lake George. There were about 30 of us and everyone was very pleased with our accomodation. Excellent location, we could walk everywhere. The rooms were very clean and the owners were very accomodating and friendly. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank teddyontario
Reviewed 22 July 2009

i came here on july 8th and 9th and the rooms were very clean and well kept, and the service was very good, our tv broke and when we called the front desk about it and there was someone at our door with a new one within the next 3 minutes. everyone had a great time here, the family that owns it are very pleasant and willing to help. its at a great location, right near the beach. the pool was also well kept, everymorning we woke up and saw someone cleaning it. overall i would recomend this motel to any family.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Me and my family have stayed here 3 times when coming to lake george. It isnt a great place to stay, but I would reccomend it over many others.

Positives - It is located right on Canada Street, but for some reason, the Villager is rather quiet, so it is easy to chill out. The Villager is not far from the stores on Canada street, the steamboat harbor, or the beach. There is a mini golf course across the street as well.

Negatives - There is a Mcdonalds right next door that is kinda dumpy, but convienient. The staff is somewhat lackluster. The only staff members that seem to be doing anything are the ones that clean the rooms. The pool is a little dirty and there is NO life gaurd on duty at all. The place doesn't have coffee, so you have to go to the mcdonalds next door for coffee. Parking is a little rediculous too, as there is only one way in and one way out

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family