We stayed one night at this rather average resort motel. The main attraction there was the fact that it was on the water. When I recieved my credit card bill I found that in addition to the fee for the room, we had been charged an extra $133. I called to inquire what that was for and was told that it was because we had smoked in the room and that required "special cleaning" Neither my husband not I smoke and, in fact, we spent very little time in the room. After many phone calls I finally reached the manager (who I think had been evading me all day)She said she would remove the charge. I asked her why they didn't contact people to tell them of the charge and she told me "Because they would just lie"
Beware if you stay there. Check you credit card bill. I think it is a rather dishonest practice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian Lakeside Resort is located within walking distance of Lake George Village. The Georgian has 158 rooms & suites, a private beach, outdoor heated pool, The Cabana Bar, and Giovanna's On The Lake Restaurant, Dinner Theater, in-room coffee, fitness center, game room, free WiFi. Contrary to the listing of amenities on TA - we do not offer free breakfast. Wedding, Conference & Meeting facilities, AAA 3-Diamond Rated. Near all local attractions including whitewater rafting, The Great Escape, Lake Cruises and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Georgian Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Georgian Lakeside Hotel Lake George
- Georgian Hotel Lake George