All reviewscabana barcourtyard roomthe penthousepool sidesmall beachin seasonnext yearwalk into townpaddle boatsbeautiful view of the lakethe main stripmoniquelakesidefireworksny
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

The front desk staff was very nice. We loved our room. We got a 'demi-suite' facing the lake (at a terrific price for mid-September), with the beach right below. It can get noisy at times. The staircases down from the pool deck to the beach, are right next to the rooms. But when you're waking up to the sun rising over the lake every morning, who cares right?

Our room was very clean and very comfortable. Besides the bed, the couches in the room were great. So rarely do you get comfortable couches in a hotel room. They're usually there for decoration. Not these. I was falling asleep on them every night. Shower was great. Bathroom also has a jacuzzi tub that I wish I got to use, but didn't have time.

All in all, great trip and great place. I would highly recommend The Georgian Lakeside Resort to anyone.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience during your stay with us. It was our pleasure having you as a guest and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed September 16, 2017

stayed Sept 4-6,2017 part of 5 busloads from long island. originally room 220 but door would not open,and like my friend's room 221 looked like a dungeon- only window was only about 2 ft tall up by the ceiling, since if you stood on toes and looked out, view was the roof of the catering hall with garbage on it. Management did change our rooms but each were in a different building and not near the other 31 people in our group. I was transferred to 309 which was ok. Bathroom seemed updated by musty smelling and floor in main room squeeked really loud at end of bed. 2 fellow travelers did not have hot water. Dinner Monday nite was very slow being served. Room too hot, one woman fainted and fell. Bees and termites flying around the pool deck made it impossible to sit outside on Tuesday afternoon

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathy S
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review and I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced and so happy we were able to move you to one of our newly renovated rooms. I do apologize for the mosquitos and bees flying around and for our service being slow for dinner. We rely on our guest comments to know where we need to improve. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

One of the nicest properties on the Lake. Had never stayed here before. Called to make reservation and they gave me the best price that was being offered that day. when I checked in I got a $20 voucher because I booked directly with them.

Room was very nice and comfortable. We had a nice stay of two nights. Ate dinner in the restaurant and got excellent service. When we got home we realized we had left something in the room. we called and the item was mailed to us. Good stay!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for letting others know about your stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay along with your dinner. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend & I along with 5 other couples visited August 17-20. We had a great time. Our rooms were all right next to one another like we asked. The pool area/bar was a very nice to hang out. The resort being right on the Lake was beautiful. Everything down town was within walking distance.
The only issue we had which was not a big deal was ordering food while at the pool. The food comes from the restaurant, so it takes about an hour but we were on vacation and didn't mind. Oh and if you buy a fancy drink while in the restaurant, it will also take awhile (at least 30-45 minutes) because the only place those get made are down by the pool. I don't get it, but that's how it works.
Great stay! Great time! We had a blast!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shannalee29_NY

Dear Guest,
It is so nice to hear that everyone in your group had such a great time staying at our resort. I am so happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your rooms being next to each other, sometimes we have a very hard time trying to meet all request. We hope to see all of you again next year and thank you for your patience at our cabana bar and restaurant.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Stayed here at the end of August of with my family of four, two adults and two adult children. The room facing the parking lot was priced right but was a bit small for the four of us to move around in. The location is just North of Lake George Village, about a ten minute walk to the many restaurants, pubs and shops. We used it as a base to explore Adirondack Park and go hiking and whitewater rafting. The front desk people were pleasant and the cleaning service was very good.

Room Tip: Pay less for the same location facing parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting others know about your experience during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.