All reviews cabana bar courtyard room the penthouse pool side off season small beach next year walk into town paddle boats beautiful view of the lake the main strip mini fridge lake george area monique lakeside fireworks ny
Reviewed April 13, 2018

This gem took me back to an earlier age of resort vacationing! It has retained it's authenticity as a vintage resort without becoming run down, like so many other vintage hotels. The rooms are nice sized, modern and comfortable. I've stayed in the front part with regular rooms and I've tried the ocean-side private suites (jacuzzi!), which walk out onto the beach veranda or pool-side. My boys loved the fact that they could run out of the room and straight to pool without waiting for me! The pool is enormous and surrounded by rooms on one side, the main restaurant building on another, and the lake-front bar. I liked the secluded, yet comfortable feel of the pool area. It's definitely the activity center of the resort. It has a good view of the lake and the surrounding mountains. We spent hours hanging there, enjoying the sun, the pool, the bar and the view! You're up a few floors from the water, so looking down upon the lake and all the activity on it (like authentic steam boats that play calliope tunes as they pass!) is a real treat. Even so, it's only a few steps to the lakeside beach. It's not a very big beach, but you can walk right out into the lake. It's very shallow at first which is great for little ones. However if you want you can swim right out into the lake and say hi to paddle boarders and canoers (which I did!). The water is absolutely crystal clear. They brag about it being one of the cleanest lakes around, and it is. I didn't eat in the restaurant, except for breakfast once which was good. The food at the pool bar was OK but just your basic quick bar food. I was disappointed that on my second trip, I couldn't put the bar tab on my room. Pretty inconvenient when you're hanging at the pool and you have to find your wallet and credit card, cash, etc. But at least the view was terrific! We saw fireworks over the lake one night. I would recommend this Hotel (and town) for anyone wanting a great family stay. The resort town is a quick walk with many bars, restaurants, activities, even a small but fun arcade with mini bumper car and water boat rides. There's an old A&W drive-in restaurant with car hops, and a Six Flags not far away. But even better, if it's still open, is a smaller water park that had some great rides! We spent an entire afternoon there, but we weren't overwhelmed by neck-breaking acrobatic water rides. Just really good basic fun rides. The lazy river is one of our favorites. They were considering closing but I hope they stay open!

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank WalterU90
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Dear Walter,

Thank you so much for the kind words and letting others know about our stay with us. We certainly do look forward to a future stay with us.
Guest Relations

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed overnight for a wedding last may. The hotel room wasn’t good. There are so many things that this company could do to make things better and they could start by upgrading the rooms. They are out dated. The beds are AWFUL! We stayed on the third floor and the railing to the balcony was about to fall off so we didn’t go out there. The wedding itself was beautiful. They definitely did a good job with that but like I said, the rooms could be better.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank camry0607

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations of quality service and accommodations. Your comments and suggestions will help us recognize and improve upon our weaknesses. We hope this will not deter you from staying with us again and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Ive stayed in Lake George every summer for the past 6 years and this hotel is my go to place. The rooms are more updated than the rest of the hotels in the area. Most of the hotels are more like motels, but not this one. You can walk into town and they have a great breakfast buffet. The beach area is small, but there is a decent amount of space for everyone. The pool is large and there is a bar/ place to order food outdoors. Just dont eat by the pool because the sea gulla are savage. They stole my whole tray of mozzerella sticks in about 5 seconds!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bxtraveler84

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and we do appreciate the kind words. We are so lucky to have such a perfect location and view of the lake. I do apologize about the sea gulls and hopefully your next stay they will not help themselves to your food. We look forward to a future stay with us.

Reviewed February 3, 2018

Where you may visit, but remember, there is at least one resort, where you may not have visited, but you must have to do the same. Make your next trip diverted to The Georgian Lakeside Resort to make yourself delicious with its beauty.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank AMMARHOSSAINL

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us. We do so look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 14, 2017

We were a little nervous about staying here since some of the reviews are not favorable but we could not be happier. Yes the rooms are a little outdated but for the size and the view it was worth every penny. We were to stay several days before the balloon festival but had to leave unexpectedly due to a sudden death in the family and they were more than accommodating with refunding us the remanding days which we did not expect but were very grateful. We will definitely be back to enjoy a much longer stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a lake front room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank avalonlion
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for letting everyone know that you had a great time and enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Guest Relatons