“Great Event”

Ranked #3 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Albany, New York
“Great Event”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My wife and I attended a wedding on the weekend of 18th and 19th. We couldn't have asked for a better time. The room on the third floor was very clean with a great view. The event was perfect from the ceremony to the reception.

The food for the reception and breakfast over the weekend was very good and not what you expect when it comes to a Holiday Inn. The banquet staff was very attentive and professional for the entire evening.

I would like to mention that your one bartender "Bob" was very nice and extremely patient with keeping the bar open later for some of the guest who wanted continue the celebration.

My wife and I would like to thank the entire staff for a great time and we will be back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Thank you for your note. We will make sure that Bob gets a copy. He is a very gracious employee. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Michael Spilman/GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Cranbury, NJ
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I've stayed here twice this year. Once with my family in a suite and once solo in a standard room. The suite was comparable to an Embassy Suites -- small living room and kitchenette leading to a bedroom. 2 queen beds, plus the queen sofa bed in the living room. Looks like it was re-modeled in the last number of years and was clean and decent 3-star interior, nothing special but nothing to complain about either. The amenities were nice. Indoor pool, outdoor pool, hot tub, small gym, on-site restaurant, etc. It's located on the main road in Lake George Village but a little ways Southeast of the main walking district. There are great lake views and balconies from the suites. My standard room had a terrible view of their side wall basically and nothing else. The staff was nice and they had free lemonade and fretted baked cookies in the lobby. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 200 -- almost no natural light and no view at all.
3 Thank JasonSt
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you for your comments. They were genuine and much appreciated.

Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 May 2012

As I entered this resort I noticed all the ammenities it had to offer. A oversized pool, and fire pit with relaxing furniture all overlooking beautiful Lake George. When I went to check in my room I was suprised with an apartment like area with an abudance of square footage to relax and/or work. The balcony overlooked Lake George.

I went down to the lounge area and had a complimnetary drink with some great food that was free during happy hour. The ribs were the best I have had in a long time. Fall of the bone and very tasty!! This is done on Tuesday nights. The chicken wings are on Wednesdays!! Couldn't stay for that. Great facility, great employees and the beds and linens were top notch!!

Room Tip: Ask to speak to Mike, the GM and he will help if the room is available. But being a Priority Club me...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank SFox1955
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This is the second year that we've had our Positively You Women's Retreat at the Holiday Inn Resort and for the second year in the row it was fantastic - and a great deal of that was because of the great care we received from everyone.

From housekeeping, the catering servers, front desk attendants and the managerial staff - everyone was so very helpful. I had a king suite and the bed was so comfortable; the rooms were spacious and very clean. The meals were delicious, too.

We had a great time last year and this year too - thanks so much for all the wonderful attention!

We were busy during our retreat - I plan to go back soon by myself to spend some time relaxing, writing and enjoying the scenery.

Room Tip: I can definitely recommend the king suite - nice balcony with a beautiful view of the Lake, and the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Michael S, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
We had a great time hosting your retreat. Our staff really enjoys the event, and we look forward to having you back in 2013. Thank you for the nice comments.

Crusheen Ireland
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We travel frequently for business and as such are not really used to "Family" hotels. We spent a week here with my son in the off season and I have to say it was a pleasant surprise. The staff were super friendly from housekeeping to the manager and the accomodations were spotless. We had a suite with 2 Queens and another room which gave us plenty enough space not to feel we were on top of each other and to allow my 6 year old space to play with his cars etc.
The restaurant was nice, staff friendly and food good (even though the portions were a bit too big for me) the Kids menu is a little limited but only in the same way kids menus everywhere are.
The pool and hot tub were clean and pleasant and the provision of a playground, shuffleboard etc was great. There were some activities in the Kids room (bear in mind it was off season) which were great ...crafts,scavenger hunt, Wii and movie night. The idea of movie night with the kids allowed to vote for the movie they watch at the front desk is brilliant.
I would not like to stay there in high season but that is purely a personal preference nothing against the hotel there would just be way too many people for me !!
Only 2 slight downs were the fact that it took 3 days for them to sort out the wifi after we told them it wasn't working on our floor and a 20 minute wait for a table in the restaurant one night...

1 Thank 802AngelaS
Michael S, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed our Resort and our staff.
I am sorry to hear about your WII Fi issue. Not sure what that could have been, but we will investigate it further.
We hope to see you again.

Connecticut
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband and I went to Lake George, off season, for a little R & R. I read the reviews regarding noise and made sure to mention "Quiet area of hotel, please" We were given a room at the end of the hall away from families, second floor.(I forgot this was vacation week for schools so there were plenty of families around!) The room was very clean, the beds were very comfortable! A refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot was included. We ate at their Friday night seafood buffet at the attached TR's Restaurant, which was reasonably priced and was very good! The fitness center was small, we did not use the pool but it appeared clean. I must say that this is an excellent hotel to book if you have children! They have a kids room, with planned activities, outdoor playscape, a movie night, small arcade. We have 4 children (grown) and a grandson, and would recommend this hotel to anyone with a family. They were very accommodating to us as a couple, but I am glad we did not pick this hotel during the height of tourist season as the hotel would NOT have been quiet enough for us. Highly recommend if you have a family! This hotel is very central to all the attractions in the area. We had a good time and were glad we chose this hotel - off season.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor, but the noise from the parking lot was still loud so I would not...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thinair6
Michael S, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you very much for your note from your April stay. We appreciate the time that you took and enjoyed your comments. We are without question a family Resort. However, we do our best to accomodate everyone. Hope to see you again.

Richmond
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed in a double queen suite during off-season. It was not terribly crowded. The room had uncomfortable old couches and old carpeting. The beds were comfortable. They had soft and firm pillows to choose from, neither of which were comfortable. We stayed two nights and the sheets were not changed. There was a balcony overlooking the pool and facing the lake which was really a great view. There was a mini fridge and microwave. 2 flat tvs with a wide selection of TV including pay per view movies and such. The bathroom was large and poorly ventilated. The shampoo and such were bath and body works. Pool towels were provided. Wifi was fast and free.

The gym was limited to one precor, 2 treadmills, and some barbells to 25#. The pool was average, and crowded with children. There was a children's activity room, which was staffed. This was the first time we have ever seen a staffed children's activity room! The laundry was front load and there were 2 machines with 2 dryers on our floor.

The restaurant was very good. Kids eat free for breakfast and dinner. There is no free breakfast as in other hotels. Service was quick and the menu prices were very reasonable. We ate most of our meals here because we liked it, which is unusual for a hotel restaurant. They have this interesting program where you can order room service breakfast the night before and they will deliver it within a 15 minute window.

The grounds include a small playground, basketball, shuffleboard, a putting green, oversized chess, and a pool. There was also a fire pit.

As this is a kid friendly place, be advised that kids do run around screeching at odd hours of the night (are there any bedtimes during vacation??). Also, there is a strange configuration to the hotel where if you stay in 359, you will be a couple of football field lengths away from the one elevator. I am not exaggerating, it is a long long walk back to the front desk. It is nice as far as being isolated from the pool and restaurant and noise, though.

I see the potential in the summer for this place to be really packed and crowded. However, compared to the other places we saw in town, which were mostly motel-like accomodations, this is downright fancy. I think they could use some more comfy couches in their rooms and some better pillows, but overall a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: 359 is the farthest away from the lobby. The second floor seemsed the noisiest and most crowded. A...
1 Thank SuiteLover
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to review your stay with us. We appreciated your kind words, and your constructive thoughts. I will share them with our team.
Hope to see you again.