Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews private beach within walking distance heated pool next year paddle boats root beer lounge chairs breakfast restaurant great family resort plenty of chairs restaurants and shops nice pool thursday night rooms were very clean off season fire pit rachael
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2020 via mobile

Room smelled like a musty moldy basement. Don’t unpack until you check the room ! Front desk staff was very nice and accommodating in changing our room. Second room is much cleaner and has no musty smell.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
kathleen dittrich, Owner at Marine Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2020

I certainly apologize for your experience. With this rain of late, it is quite possible the carpet got wet and we missed something. I'm happy to hear we quickly resolved the issues. Thank you for your understanding.

Reviewed September 28, 2020 via mobile

After many years of coming to Lake George throughout my childhood, we finally got to stay at Marine Village and it did not disappoint. The poolside room was quaint, comfortable, tastefully appointed and spotless. The convenience of being right in the village can’t be beat. Plenty of parking to leave your car and enjoy all town has to offer on foot. What’s really impressive is the care and meticulous grooming they put into the property. The pool was crystal clear and welcoming, the beach was super clean and expansive, the fire pits, table tennis, cornhole, shuffleboard and children’s play set made for a fun and cozy atmosphere. The large lakefront patio was well appointed with barbecue grills and plenty of seating. Nothing looked worn or in need of updating. Having a dock on the property with chairs at the end offered a relaxing and peaceful place to sit over the water. Staff was friendly and courteous. I can’t say enough good things about Marine Village. If you are planning a trip to Lake George I would highly recommend. Photos were from our last day which was overcast, and the property is even more beautiful in the sun. Thanks MV for a wonderful stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
kathleen dittrich, Owner at Marine Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2020

I am so happy you stayed at Marine Village Resort this year and enjoyed your stay. We certainly appreciate your recommendation. We work to update rooms and the property every Spring but 2020 was a bit more difficult than normal.Our staff care very much about guest satisfaction and they will be thrilled reading your comments. Thank you very much!

Reviewed September 24, 2020

Marine Village is the only place we will stay in Lake George. Not only is the property beautiful right on the lake but the staff and accommodations are beyond words. We were travelling with 30 people and had the greatest time. There is so much to do right on the grounds to keep the adults and kids busy all day long. Boating, kayaks, fishing, paddleboats, ping pong, shuffleboard, jungle gym, fire pits, plenty of grills and a heated pool in addition to the beautiful lake. We cannot thank the staff enough for being able to handle 30 of us with no issue at all. A special thanks to Bill who went over and above every day to make sure we had plenty of towels and anything we needed being that we were there during the pandemic and housekeeping services were not an option. This is our 4th year at Marine Village and we just got back and are already booked for 2021. We can't wait!!

Room tip: any room is perfect. You do not spend any time in the room. The beach on the lake is what you are there for.
2  Thank Keconno
kathleen dittrich, Owner at Marine Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2020

First, Thank you for choosing Marine Village for your important family vacation. I agree it at the perfect option for a large group where everyone can easily be together with many options to enjoy the lake. Most of our guests are like you and cook on the grills quite a bit. Bill certain enjoys making your our guests have what they need..especially great at getting the fire pits going. Looking forward to seeing you in 2021 And Thank you again!

Reviewed September 18, 2020

From what I could see, this is the only hotel in Lake George with a beach. It is walking distance from everything. Please note if you are handicapped, you will probably have to drive as the rooms of the hotel are in low area by the water and the driveway is quite steep. Anyway, being within walking distance of everything saves you a lot of money in parking. All of the street parking and the lots have metered parking. Make sure that you look for the pay box and pay your fee so that you are not ticketed! We were lucky, we had a room at the end right near the water. I made my reservation early directly with the hotel, which I believe helped me get a better room location. I loved being right near the water. I would have given the hotel 4.5 stars as there were a couple of things that I irritated me. One being, not a lot of plugs. Then there was only one mirror, which was in the bathroom. These things just made it hard to get ready in the morning. If you want fancy place, this is not for you. If you want a nice, clean, family place next to the water, this is definitely the place for you!

Room tip: Call early, call the hotel directly for rooms closest to the beach.
Date of stay: September 2020
kathleen dittrich, Owner at Marine Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Marine Village. I agree with all of your comments. In some cases, power is a limitation, but I do agree we can try and add more outlets. And always call the hotel if you want a room assignment. We certainly take these recommendations seriously and will do our best to tackle a few over this off season. Even with some on improvements needed, I appreciate you rounding to a 5!

Reviewed September 15, 2020 via mobile

Many people had to modify their traveling habits during pandemic, so had we. Instead of our usual European or Caribbean voyages we decided to explore domestic travel and never regret it. Lake George is a beautiful picture town, full with nice cozy restaurants, little stores and antique cars show. Marine Village Resort didn’t disappoint either. It has best location on the lake with sizable beach and heated pool. View is just beautiful. Because of COVID-19, hotel suspended daily housekeeping, but if you need an extra towels or other stuff, you can call office and they will deliver. Room/bathroom was pretty clean but had a musty smell like many hotels by the water. Beds are not very comfortable but bearable. As mentioned before, location on the central street and access to lake makes this hotel to stand out.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We do replace beds every year so hopefully we will catch your room this winter. That issue is always worth calling the office about as we also keeps spares just for exchanging. We consider comfortable beds very important. I love that you had a chance in 2020 to see our town. Come see us again.