All reviews room was clean heated pool picnic tables tile ny refrigerator summer
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is located on Lake George. All rooms have at least a partial view of the lake. This could be a good place for families with children to stay because there is a swing set, volleyball net, small lake swimming area, paddle boats for rent, picnic tables and grills. The bedding was clean. The tile floors were clean. The walls, not so much. Our bathroom had missing tile, a chunk out of the wall, and rusty pipes below the sink. The tub and enclosure appeared to be new. If updated, the hotel could be a much nicer "resort". There are refrigerators and microwaves in the room. The pool looked clean. All rooms have a balcony or sitting area outside of the room. The hall ways between some of the rooms were kind of grungy. This might be partially due to the sand from people swimming in the lake rather than pool.
If you like to watch the sun rise, which I do; you can get an amazing view from the bottom of the hill at the lake! The best part of the day!!! = )

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank spearhead12
Reviewed September 12, 2016

I stayed here with my family. the room was nice bed was comfy. Only thing I didn't like was hill but nothing can be done. They upgraded us from partial to lake view which was very nice. Staff was friendly. Laurie at front desk was very outgoing and tried to do everyhting she could to make sure we were happy,. Great asset to the hotel. Will be back.

Room Tip: beachfront
1  Thank poohsboy
Reviewed September 6, 2016

My 16 year old son liked this motel, but he is capable of easily walking up and down stairs. There are stairs and hills everywhere. Told the front desk about spider webs in room when we arrived. No carpet so you will have sandy feet if you don't have a broom. Parking is on such a hill that my mother thought we were going to tip over. If you are in great physical shape and can get up and down stairs well, this isn't too bad. NOT HANDI CAP FRIENDLY AT ALL. Need Trolly to take you in to town if you don't have a vehicle.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed where you would like to be closest to, ie pool or beach. Lots and lots of stairs.
Reviewed August 26, 2016

We were traveling with 2 adults and 2 children. We usually stay at the Surfside which we love because it has great views and a fabulous pool. The pool has a view of the lake which is important when you are with kids who want to be in the pool all day! The pool also has live music a different times throughout the week. The hotel is within walking distance to town which saves the aggravation of driving round and round to find an open parking space in the evenings! When I went online to book the Surfside, they only had a room with a king bed available so we had to look elsewhere. I found the Tahoe Resort and booked a room despite the poor reviews because it had 2 queen beds and room enough to put a blow up mattress if we needed to. We booked a 2 bed room with a partial lake view with a AAA discount for $128.00 per night. When we arrived we were all holding our breaths when we unlocked our door. Much to our surprise we were extremely excited to see that our room had not only a full, beautiful view of the lake, but that it also had a nice sized balcony with 2 chairs! Most rooms have at least a partial lake view and overlook the pool. There are nice patios and tables with umbrellas on each floor that overlook the lake. Many families brought grills and barbecued outside of their rooms. The pool was open from 10:00AM to 10:00PM. The AC worked very well. It wasn't too far from the village, (1.5 miles) but you do need to drive and find parking. I would have given more stars if the office staff was more polite (Although Laurie was bubbly and helpful, but we only saw her once when we were checking out.) and if the outside was in better condition. Also, they clean the floors by sweeping. (The floors are tile.) With bare feet, you could feel bits of grit and sand underfoot. Vacuuming the rooms daily would diminish this. For the price, it was very nice. The Surfside would have cost much more for the same type of room.

Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

My family booked here for 5 day 4 night..website looked nice.. we got there and found a dirty rundown motel. You enter from the back of the motel to get in the rooms.. ohh my lord it is disgusting just walking to your rooms...dirty handrails and just unkeept...we got back in the evening to find a huge infestation of huge spiders..we called the desk and they sent a handyman over, who started catching the spiders with his hands and crushing them into a bag..he told us that he doea this all the time.. i purchased some spider spray and sprayed the balcony.
The spiders then started coming.ing out through the hundreds of crackes and holes in the wall
.I mean at least 4-5 dozen quarter sized spiders all over.. the next morning..after a sleepless night watching my your kids so they dont get spider bites..i asked the manager is there was something we can do..he said and I quote.. :well you can call Travelocity and leave." They went back on the room and swept up the walls and dead bugs...but by the time we got home from lunch there was at least 10 more in our room. We ending up packing up and leaving and booking another place for the same price and had to pay for The Tahoe for a extra night because they would refund the day we were in...and they were nasty about it..just not a good place and I will continue to let people know about my visit...they should close and be ashamed..they did not even offer a apology at checkout..just a ..ok all set. And the free wi-fi was worthless
.could not connect for more than 45 seconds..did i mention the rooms were dirty and had stained sheets...it did have a mini fridge and kept water cold

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family