“2 day visit to Lalibela”

Tour Lalibela Holidays
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tour Lalibela Holidays offers you: Customized private and group packages from the World Heritage rock-hewn churches of Lalibela and its surroundings; and complementing with Gondar, Bahir Dar and/or Axum, the most beautiful cities in northern part of Ethiopia. These packages include airport transfer, guide, hotel, sightseeing and all kinds of activities.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I would thoroughly recommend Taye for any independent traveller who wishes to have an expert and fascinating guided tour of Lalibela. He was extremely professional and receptive to any queries or requests throughout our trip. Our only regret is that we did not have more time to spend in Lalibela with Taye as it is a wondrous place, full of history and culture.

All reviews
"company"
"life"
"tourists"

Reviewed April 1, 2018

I enjoyed a great tour of the rock hewn churches in Lalibela with Taye. He is extremely knowledgeable and very open to questions, which I appreciated deeply. Consequently, one can focus the tour on one's own areas of interest through asking questions, rather than receiving a generic product. Practical info: the tour took just over three hours, cost $35, and Taye met me at Zan-Seyoum (where I was staying). Call / WhatsApp +251-91-155-6940 to get in touch with Taye. If you're staying in Lalibela for several days, I would recommend doing the tour earlier on, as your ticket for the churches ($50) will last four days. This will allow for visits in the days following the guided tour.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Taye is a great guide. He has a huge knowledge of the history of Lalibela and its churches and the culture. Moreover, he knows how to convey it. He was my guide in Lalibela in 2015 and 2017. First time we visited the churches in the city and Yemrehanna Kristos church. The 2nd time we visited the churches in the city.
He was very careful and helped us during our stay in Lalibela.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Taye met us at the airport with the minibus from the Zan-Seyoum hotel, run by his boyhood friend Yohannes (and his father), where we had booked to stay. He asked us about our plans, understood our constraints (my 85-year old mother!), and suggested a suitable plan for us. His good English, knowledge about the history of the area, and his long experience as a tourist guide in Lalibella, persuaded us to hire him for the 2 days we were going to be there. And he was great! Since he had grown up in Lalibella, he not only knew the better hotels and restaurants, the ATMs that worked and the best time to see each monument, but could also answer our non-touristy questions about crops, customs, rituals, festivals and so on. He of course knew the history of all the churches we visited, but also knew the restaurant-run-by-the-Scottish lady (who's name my friend in Addis had forgotten!). He also joined us for breakfast, showed us the house where he was born and the church where he was baptized, and shared his plans to buy a laptop for his young daughter. He made special efforts to help my mother through all the church visits, and found places for her to rest and wait for us when it became too difficult for her. Although his easy manner, soft-spoken and respectful demeanour, made it easy to take to him, he always kept his distance, never became over-familiar and thus made for a thoroughly enjoyable though short trip in Lalibella. I would recommend him whole-heartedly to anyone planning a visit to the town he so obviously loves.