The Haus
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$134
Best Western Adirondack Inn(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$144
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$153
CrownePlaza.com
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$339
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$129
The Whiteface Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$338
US$268
Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$99
QualityInn
Lake House(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$188
Travelocity
Cobble Mountain Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$99
All reviewsmunicipal lotfull kitchenboutique hotelparking passmain streetliving roommodern designsized refrigeratorfunctional kitchenmirror lakein towncomfortable bedperfect locationsparkling cleanbig name hotelsvacation rentalan older building
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed at The Haus for my husband's 40th Birthday and what a pleasure it was! The room was clean,comfortable and just decorated so modern and chic.The location is one you can't beat!!! Everything you need is right outside your door! Anthony and Andrea were so kind and helpful:)
This just may be our new mini vacation spot! Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Room 4 has a beautiful Lake view. If you are going as a family room 8 and 6 are BEAUTIFUL!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gqlady
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed at the Haus for 3 nights and it was a wonderful little place to stay. It is more like an apartment than a hotel room. We really loved the convenient full size kitchen! It was so nice to make a cup of tea or store baby food. The location is right in the middle of the strip which makes it nice and easy as well. The decor is very modern and minimilist - furniture is pretty much IKEA but well thought out. The floors are a bit slippery and we fell down a few times but got used to it after a while.
We stayed during Hurricane Irene and the power went out for about 2 hours and nothing worked because everything in the room is electric but luckily it wasn't out for too long. Antony was great- helped us check in and with our bags. Other than check-in you really don't see the proprieter's at all. It was a nice- home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I came by train / bus and I was very happy I selected The Haus. I was drawn by their eco friendly feel, birch / white clean decor and large rooms. My expectations were met on all points and more. The room was very large, with just the right touches of decoration.

I appreciated the Aveda products, the comfortable bed, the overall space, the welcome.
Next time I will book the room with a fireplace to top it off!
As expected there is no common areas but you are right on main street, so you have more than enough options to pick form - I waited for my bus at High Peaks with the fireplace.

I wanted a relaxing experience in style and fashion, and it's what I got; The Haus delivers what they promise on the website and that's unique.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarjevane
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Staying at The Haus was a dream come true! Our room (Suite 1) was beautiful; chic yet comfy, with all the amenities to make your stay easy and enjoyable. The room was tastefully decorated and laid out with some delightfully unique touches (loved the birch trees behind the bed!).
There was plenty to do in the Lake Placid area, whether you are looking for outdoor adventure or shopping and cafes, and the management provided a binder full of activity ideas and recommendations.
Anthony was very welcoming and personable, both before hand and during our stay. I only met Andrea very briefly but she seemed great too.
It was a pleasure to stay here- The Haus was everything I was looking for in a Lake Placid weekend getaway. I only wish I could have stayed longer, and hope I'll be able to return someday!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2010

This is not our first stay at The Haus and will not be our last. It is absolutely wonderful, a great mix of B&Bs and boutique hotel. The decor is very tasteful and in the style of the region without too much (love the chandelier going up the stairs, the old skis, etc.). We felt right at home. The views are gorgeous and the location is perfect, right downtown next to cafes and shops. We are two Montrealers (Lake Placid is only a short 2 hour drive from home, including stop at the border), fond of the outdoors and we love the laid back feel of the Haus. Hiking and skying are just a short ride away from the Haus. Anthony and Andrea are wonderful hosts, very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family