“Loved it!”
Review of Cascade Motor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Cascade Motor Inn
Ranked #13 of 14 Lake Placid B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2008

Lovely owners, clean rooms, fabulous view, great price and we would return again. BUT the beds were too hard (they are new). We are campers (ADK) but do want a good night's sleep. That is the only down side. If you have an inflatable mattress, BRING IT. Close to town, but you can get away from the tourist scene here very easily. Two dressers, two hanging racks, plenty of hot water. Pine panellng. 50's decor, but comfortable. Fall folilage and mountain views right out on your little front porch which has Adirondack chairs (plastic but comfortable). Informal atmosphere and very friendly.

Stayed: October 2008

Reviewed 29 April 2008

Lake Placid lodging can be pricey, so I stayed at the modestly priced Cascade Inn first in 2004, and liked it enough that when I returned to the area in 2008, I stayed there again. The motel is three miles south of town on Route 73. It is a simple old motel, so it does not command the high prices of lodging in town. The bedroom was of satisfactory size, although the bathroom was quite small, with a tiny sink. A restaurant is on premises, but not open either time I was there, in a shoulder season. The room was showing its age, and several ceiling tiles on one side of the room need to be replaced. I did not see any mold as some others have reported, just some corrosion around the water handles on the sink. Since I was out of the room most of the daylight hours, this motel served my needs well.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank JoeTraveler48
Reviewed 17 March 2008

Great place to stay and save money. The room was large and clean. Stayed two nights over the weekend and had a great time. This is a family owned business and the people were extremely friendly and accomodating. I was initially worried after reading the coments on this site, however, as far as I am concerned, the are unfounded. This is a great place to stay regardless of the price which is exceptional for its location. Highly recommend for the traveling skier, climber or travelor.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 20 September 2007

We didn't stay at this Hotel but went to their restaurant. Tables were reserved 3 months ahead of time for a wedding reception. When we arrived, we waited in the Hall for at least 1 hour for our tables. We couldn't even get a drink in the bar. Ended up they were not in the dining area that had been reserved and we couldn't even sit at the same tables, when we shared our misfortune with the manager she was very very rude and refused to accommodate us and even threatened to kick us out if we complained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not recommend this place to my worst enemies.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank triptrip101
Reviewed 4 March 2006

First the good: Only $50, the heat worked, the hot water worked, it was only 5 miles to downtown Lake Placid and there were no insects in the place.

Now...the bad...

The beds are extremely uncomfortable. The bathroom showers were very moldy, my girlfriend and I refused to shower in here. The heater is EXTREMELY NOISY, it kept us up all night. The inside of the motel room looks like it hasn't been changed since 1970.

and the worst.... I"m the thriftiest person on this planet, and even if this place was free, I would NEVER stay here again!!!

p.s. I've stayed at the High Peaks Hostel before for only $24/night, and I found myself craving that place!!

• Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank munnster76
A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto
Reviewed 25 August 2005

My wife and I stayed here because we didn't want to go in to the touristy trap scene in Lake Placid - found it quiet and simple and very good price. The couple who run the place are exceptionally friendly and accomodating. Nice meal and friendly service. If you are looking for a quiet motel where you can back your vehicle right up to the room door, this is the place. Friendly to Canadians here too - felt welcomed.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Long Island
Reviewed 16 July 2005

Since 1991 my family and I have been traveling from Long Island to Lake Placid and our vacation would not be complete if it were not for our stay at the Cascade Inn. Aside from the affordable rates, their rooms are clean and warm. There is also a restaurant on the premises and the food and atmosphere is amazing! We started vacationing there in Feb. during my childrens winter recess and we loved it so much that our friends now join us. One year we booked all of their motel rooms. The owners treat us like family and could not make our stay more comfortable or enjoyable. We now spend a week during the summer as well as the winter. If you are looking for a casual mountain retreat with all the comforts of home than I highly recommend the Cascade Inn.

• Stayed: February 2005