Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official Hotel
eDreams
Hotels.com
Priceline
1,686 results
All reviews bowling alley movie theater game room the indoor outdoor pool kanu restaurant the ice cream parlor bedroom suite washer dryer full kitchen valet service heated floors turn down service cookies s mores air hockey valet parking skating rink
Selected filters
Reviewed June 1, 2017

My husband and I got married here two years ago and had an exceptional experience. We've committed to going back each year for our anniversary and I'm delighted every time I go. My husband joked throughout the weekend about how every 45 seconds I just burst with, "I love this place!" The hotel itself is spectacular, especially if you're into woodsy/lodge vibes. The service is wonderful. There are so many nooks and crannies to relax and read a book. This is a perfect hotel for families with a million activities for kids (movie theater, game room, pool, etc). That being said, it does not feel like you are at a Disney resort with kids running everywhere. There are plenty of places to experience a relaxing couples weekend.

I want to give an extra shout out to the live music that they had playing on Friday and Saturday night in the lounge. While I get the appeal of live music during dinner/drinks, I often find it somewhat annoying because sometimes the music is too loud or you feel like you are supposed to be quiet and not chat with your dining partner because someone is singing. I completely fell in love with this girls singing voice. She was a young girl who sang with a few older men (one of which was her grandfather) and it was spectacular. They played songs that were perfectly suited for her voice and a range that would appeal to various crowds (oldies and some country). I genuinely loved every second of their music and was excited to have dinner there the following night to see them again. I even joked to my husband that I'm considering a career change (currently a social worker) and want to go into the record company business so I could sign her up!

This review is a long read, but I am just bursting at the seams thinking about how wonderful this hotel experience is! Obviously, I highly recommend it!

2  Thank ryanw445
Shawn G, General Manager at The Whiteface Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2017

Thabnk you for writing. I is terrific that you come back for your anniversary after having been married here. We do try to create a unique experience for our guests. The young lady of whom you speak is a remarkable talent, I'm glad she was here dring your visit with us. We hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed June 1, 2017

Beautiful suite in a spectacular setting. Warm atmosphere with nice touches for families; s'mores, cookies at bedside, a "welcome to the lodge" card on the kitchen table.... Tidy and well organized rooms. Breakfast in the morning had a wonderful mix to satisfy all tastes. This Adirondack lodge welcomes you the minute you enter. kind and helpful staff, variety of activities for families- even had a birds of prey show on the premises! Great experience!

1  Thank MinC0ul0

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad your family had an opportunity to come see us and certainly the birds of prey demonstration is a nice add on. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

My husband and I are rather picky when it comes to a place to sleep. We don't mind spending a bit extra for luxury. But I also like a bargain. Whiteface was offering a special for 3 and get 4 nights, including breakfast. I had never been to Lake Placid and honestly wasn't expecting much. I was SHOCKED at how beautiful this resort was. Our room was huge, with a family room, full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, washer and dryer, a king-size bed in a separate room. We also had a patio that opened up onto a lake. Our breakfast was so good in the morning that we only left the hotel for dinner once. The food was GREAT! It was also our anniversary and the hotel had a beautiful gift when we arrived. I nearly wrote the review while we were staying at the hotel I was so impressed with everything.
The hotel location is fantastic. We went to get away for a few days and enjoy some hiking and biking. We didn't do the spa but did play some outdoor games in their recreational area. This is a perfect place for couples or families. We will definitely be back to Lake Placid....who knew?

Room tip: lake view ground floor
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lindaOrlando

Thank you for your kind response. Fabulous!! What a great way to describe your stay! I'm so glad you were impressed with your stay and had a great anniversary. We certainly will be glad to have you back to the resort again.

Reviewed May 27, 2017

I've been wanting to stay at the property for a few years. It FAR exceeded my expectations. We had a superior room. I can't say enough about it. Huge kitchen and living space, large balcony overlooking the woods, two bathrooms, fireplace, and a comfortable bed. Once we checked in, someone came to our room to offer us ice service and came back for turndown service and gave us fresh baked cookies.

The room was immaculate. All common areas were beautiful and clean. The free breakfast in the morning was outstanding and the breakfast area was very rustic and beautiful.

Even though the weather was horrible during our stay, there is so much to do here. Pool tables, air hockey, two lane bowling alley, hiking trails, campfires.....it was amazing! My favorite was a wildlife refuge that came in on a Saturday evening. They brought 3 animals and shared stories.

I can't wait to go back. (just wish it wasn't so expensive......but you get some much for what you pay for).

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for writing, it's good to see we exceeded your expectations, which I'm sure were high. The lodge is a great sanctuary, even in poor weather and I'm glad you had such a nice experience. We hope you do find a chance to come back, we also do run specials from timr to time.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

I rented a 3 bedroom condo for my birthday-it was awesome..truly an Adirondack experience..The rooms were decorated perfect..beds so comfy...we used the hot tub and even had cocktails delivered to us there! Stopped to make smores at a fire where the supplies were ready for us!! At dinner,the guitar player even sang Happy Birthday to me!! Great time was had by all...

Room tip: I assume any room would be great!!
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your response, I'm glad you had such a Happy Birthday! The lodge is a perfect choice for celebrations, I'm glad you came here for yours. It sounds like you had a great time. We look forward to seeing you again.