Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$89
eDreamsUS$80
Expedia.comUS$89
FindHotelUS$84
Agoda.comUS$80
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 20, 2017

A very nice simple place with a good breakfast and a PERFECT location...on the High Peaks side of Lake Placid. Friendly people and nice clean rooms near enough to take advantage of Lake Placid's good restaurants but a nice quiet location.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Susannah G
Management response:Responded September 26, 2017

Dear Susannah,

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel!
Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Hotel is clean and offers basic comforts for a good night sleep. A good economical choice for Lake Placid. WiFi and parking included. Two stories avail and rooms have 2 queen beds, a small TV, phone, and a small round table with two standard chairs. Rooms on the front have balconies with resin chairs, rear ones do not. Non-smoking hotel except guests were smoking outside and on balconies. Good sound proofing, as we rarely heard cars from the highway, noise in the halls, or plumbing from other rooms. Located 5-10 min drive to Main Street, it is close to the ski jump and equestrian park and within walking distance of a nice restaurant with a patio that allows dogs (hotel does not). We were a group of 8 (4 rooms) and everyone slept well with no complaints. We did not used pool/hot tub nor eat at the continental breakfast, which consisted of juices, coffee, make your own pancakes, cereals, and bagels.

Room tip: For extra quiet, ask for a room in the main building furthest away from pool, behind the reception, and/or rear of the hotel.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Red456838
Management response:Responded August 31, 2017

Hello,

Thank yopu for staying with us and reviewing our property!
Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2017

FYI, this hotel recently changed names to Rodeway Inn.

I stayed here two different weekends in April. The rooms are basic, but clean and roomy. It's in a good location, close to Lake Placid main street and a short drive to the Adirondacks high peaks for hiking.

The staff is very nice and let us have late check out one day when we really needed it.

The pool area looks great, but both during both visits the hot tub was excessively hot. You couldn't stay in more than ~15 seconds without your skin turning red and tingly. The first visit we thought it was just us, but it was the same during our second visit and two other people also tried the hot tub and couldn't stay in. We were disappointed by this since the hot tub was one of the main reasons we chose to stay here (it's one of the only affordable hotels in the area with a hot tub). We did call the front desk after the second time, but they didn't know how to fix it.

Breakfast was super basic the first visit (pastries and fruit), but since changing to Rodeway they added some extra breakfast items (english muffins, pancake machine).

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank PiperNYC
Management response:Responded August 28, 2017

Dear PiperNYC,

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our property!
Your satisfaction is very important to us. We appreciate your feedback and will work hard to address the issues you mentioned.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

I am an avid traveler and can stay anywhere pretty easily. The room served its purpose but ended up being more money than worth with all the various taxes. A hotel that was originally crappy but had a face lift that made it appear better...though the tube tv was from the past, no fridge in our room but offered in others (as well as a newer tv), the tub drained slowly and the hot water was scalding and hard to regulate. Beds were clean and fairly comfortable. The last night was a nightmare as a bunch of hockey families were very loud throughout the night as kids ran up and down the halls and drunk parents had no regard for anyone else in the hotel (feels more like a motel), and after several calls to the front desk they moved us to a room that was a fraction better. Never again!!!

Room tip: pay a little more somewhere else.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank picknerfilms
Reviewed February 6, 2017

Came to Lake Placid to ski Whiteface. Never in my life have I ever dipped below the quality level of a Hampton Suites (I usually don't even stay at Hampton Inn's) but this was the only place in town where I didn't have to pay over $200. The hotel was packed and the room rate was $160. This hotel was as I expected. A few large stains here and there...there was even a stain on the lampshade... still wondering how that got there. I was surprised that the bathroom was as clean as it was but it was still far below the level of a Hampton Suites or Holiday Inn Express. Bathroom as tolerable as long as your bare feet didn't touch the floor.

The bed was the worst I have slept on in years. I think the mattress was 25 years old. I completely sunk in the middle as if I was lying on a small sinkhole. Very old sheets. I was afraid to touch the comforter. I had the worst night sleep.

Frankly, it was everything I expected from an Econo Lodge but too bad I had to spend $160.

Date of stay: February 2017