Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$153
CrownePlaza.com
Lake House(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$164
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$134
Best Western Adirondack Inn(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$144
The Whiteface Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$338
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$129
Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$89
QualityInn
Cobble Mountain Lodge(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
US$109
High Peaks Resort(Lake Placid)
TripAdvisor
1,236 results
All reviewsview restauranttaste bistroterrace buildingcolonial housemirror lakecookiescottage restaurantmountain viewmain buildingsitting areaindoor poolbottle of champagnepublic areaswonderful weekendhot tubbeautiful roomthe entire staff
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We checked in late on a Friday night and stayed until Sunday. We enjoyed the gym, sauna, pool and hot tub to ourselves both days! It was like our own private spa!! Friday night they had accoustic entertainment in the hotel bar- Chris ----? he was awesome, so much so we went to the Cottage Saturday night to listen to him again. Staff couldnt have been more accomodating. Cant wait to go back!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 2-night stay at Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa. The hotel lobby is elegant and the front desk staff was very nice and friendly; however, the rooms are very average. We stayed in a cloudsplitter room in the mountain building. (Because this inn is rated as one of the top small luxury hotels in the world and has been written up in Conde Nest Traveler, I rate this inn differently than I would an Inn that did not have these accolades.) Based on the above, I would not expect the room's walls to be marked up or to have spotted touch-up paint on them. Nor would I expect the shower curtain to have purple stains on it. I would also not expect the maid not to clean the walls above the shower (hair stuck to walls and was not removed when the room was cleaned).

On a positive note, the room had great views of Mirror Lake.

2  Thank Pamskikar
MLI, Executive Housekeeper at Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

First of all I want thank you for being our guests at the Mirror Lake Inn. I am sorry that you felt let down by your accommodations. I am committed to keeping the level of cleanliness at the inn well above the norm in the hospitality industry and it is very important to me to address your recent comments. I was not able to inspect the room you were in until the subsequent guest’s departure today and the housekeeper had already completed cleaning the room when I arrived this morning for the inspection. I do agree with you that there are a couple of areas on the bedroom walls (which are a paint and glaze finish) that need touch up, and I have scheduled for those areas to be attended to promptly. I believe that the purple stains you referred to are the dark marks that run along the bottom of the shower liner. These are normal on all of the shower liners and are a result of the enclosed magnets that are sewn in to hold the curtain liner down. Our housekeepers change these liners regularly to insure that they are sanitary. Our Cloudsplitter rooms are extremely popular with our guests. The guest’s who stayed with us in the same Cloudsplitter room following your departure, travelled from California to stay with us and submitted a comment card stating that so far this is the best resort they’ve been to and will definitely be coming back.
Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to your next visit.

Steve Wyle
Executive Housekeeper

Reviewed March 23, 2012

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very comfortable. The area was beautiful. Warm cookies wee a treat. The breakfast was so good, but choose wisely, portios are generous and it's easy to over eat. The pool and hot tub are especially nice. I have done two winter weekends now and would consider summer to experience something new. You just can't beat the million dollar views.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank N F
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My wife and I made last-minute reservations at the Mirror Lake Inn on March 10 for one night. We booked a 3rd floor lake view room, on a package that included dinner in the Hotel restaurant ("The View") Saturday night and breakfast there Sunday morning. The price seemed high when I booked it, even with the meals included, but we knew nothing about the area and wanted to be confident that the place we were staying after a long drive would be nice. We were not only not disappointed, but astonished at how excellent everything was. The room was just as billed-- a kng bed with a balcony and postcard view of the Lake. That night we could watch the last rays of sun on the mountains across the lake and see people walking, even dog-sledding, across the ice. The hotel was clean and quiet, despite being nearly full. Everyone on staff was helpful and went out of their way to say hello or wish us a good evening. And the food at The View was the best we have had in any restaurant for years. All was perfectly portioned and cooked, everything unique in its flavoring and composition. As soon as I mentioned I had a food allergy, every person we encountered on the wait staff was careful to say that they had checked to be sure that what they were serving me was OK. When we checked out the next morning, we were given two cookies for the road, a little corny perhaps but a nice gesture, especially because it was accompanied by warm greetings and a real concern to know whether everything had been up to our expectations. My wife and I highly recommend the Mirror Lake Inn and The View restaurant.

2  Thank ADGrantley
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Yes there is a place in the United States that experienced a winter weekend. That location was the beautiful Alpine Village of Lake Placid, NY. Nestled in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains, the historic Mirror Lake Inn is the choice hotel for a pampered weekend. From the time you enter to the time you leave you feel like a family member and not just a guest. Due to the numerous activities that took place the weekend we visited, we did not have time to use the Spa, but the guest we spoke to, they reported it was one of the best they have ever visited. The room we were in was quaint but modern Adirondack decorated. The decor set the tone for a relaxing evening. We dined in the "View" restaurant and needless to say the service and the cuisine were exquisite. When in Lake Placid do yourself a favor and check out the best of the best and spend a night at the Mirror Lake Inn. Memories will last a life time!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple