All reviews tea coffee beautiful hotel stayed for nights few steps walkway sea beaches croatia
Reviewed July 26, 2015

What a wonderful place! From our check in with the extremely friendly front desk employee to the sparkling clean room, we were truly blown away by this property. It is basically a 5 star hotel room that also has a kitchen. Everything here seemed very new and was in wonderful condition. The hotel also has a very nice looking restaurant, but we were so in love with our room and sea view balcony that we instead chose to enjoy breakfasts and a few dinners from the comfort of our own room. The hotel is located right on a board walk that takes you to many different beaches and other eating options. You cannot go wrong with this lovely property.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ellen K
Reviewed July 19, 2015

This hotel has a great location, close to the beach. The staff is friendly and polite.

But… there are problems.

1. I booked a room through their website. They charge 30% as deposit and they have a “no cancelations” / “no refunds” policy.

2. After the booking is completed, the hotel doesn’t send an email confirming the reservation and stating the amount paid.

3. I found this weird, as all hotels send emails confirming reservations, so I printed my credit card statement and traveled with it, just in case.

4. A big concern: Probably there’s an issue with the venting system of the hotel’s septic system as the bedroom and bathroom have a very unpleasant smell. I complained with the receptionist and she said it was because the room was kept closed and that I should open the balcony’s door. The smell remained.
It’s not a nice experience to stay in a room smelling sewer gases.

5. We are a mature couple and didn’t have any accompanying children with us, but we found it weird that this hotel prohibits strollers in their premises. I took a picture of the “forbidden strollers" sign. Beach clothes are also forbidden as can be seen on the same picture.

6. The bathroom has a scale. This should be considered “fancy” __ if the scale was working. It was not. Or the batteries were drained, or the scale needed repair or replacement.

7. Another major issue: At the time we were leaving and paying for our staying, the receptionist had a printed copy of our charges showing everything and “forgetting” the fact that we had already paid 30% as a deposit! I said “Oh, it is not that all, we already paid 30% at the time of booking”. After a 30 secs look on the computer, she said “Oh, I see it” and printed another bill, this time correct. I don’t want to make any assumptions, but what would have happened if I did not remember paying 30% as deposit, especially because it happened four months before our trip?

I give this place two stars due to its location and polite staff.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Cecilia T
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed here 1 May- 4 May and were very pleased. Our point of contact was Ivana, who was so kind, helpful, and accommodating. The first morning we came down for breakfast, she had set up a table outside and one inside for us because she didn't know where we wanted to sit. Plus, she had a highchair at both tables to include our baby. She definitely went above and beyond and we were impressed!

We had a room on the side of the building, so you don't get a straight sea view, but you do have one from the balcony and sitting area inside the room. The room and bathroom were both very clean and roomy with a nicely working air conditioner.

There is a hairdryer, iron/ironing board, shampoo, soap, shower cap, umbrella, and several hangers provided in the room. As others have said, the small kitchen is equipped with almost everything you would need to make a small meal: stove-top (no oven), microwave, refrigerator, sink, dish washer (with soap), eating & cooking utensils, pots/pans, plates, glasses (including wine & beer glasses), cloth napkins/towels. (If you're not used to traveling overseas, don't expect tissues or washcloths-I always bring my own). The room also has plenty of outlets, plus one 110v in the bathroom, which I've never seen before, but was nice since we forgot to bring our adapters.

Breakfast consisted of bread, jams/jellies, cold cut meats, fruit, yogurt, sweet pastries, cheeses, tea, coffee, juice, and cereal. We were also offered eggs and sausage. I had eggs 2 days in a row and unfortunately there were shells in them, so on the 3rd day I had sausage (which to an American they were hot-dogs). Overall, the eggs/sausage were just OK, but I was happy to at least have the option. My suggestion to the chef would be to be more careful with the egg shells and maybe make the eggs with less butter or oil.

We liked the location because it was quiet since it's about a 20 min. walk into town, but a very pleasant walk, so we didn't have any of the nightlife noise. We were there before high season, so many restaurants were closed (including the hotel's), but if you stay here during high season, you won't have to walk 20 min every time you want to eat.

Sunceva offers special services like bicycles, beach chairs, massages, and other things, but some were not yet available at this time of year. We didn't mind, though, because we were just there to completely relax and enjoy the views.

We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend staying here the next time you visit Brela!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Tiffany B
Reviewed November 4, 2013

In our two weeks in Croatia this was by far the best place we stayed. The hotel is right on the walkway by the sea with only a few steps to the beach. The apartments are beautiful with large beds, full kitchen and a small balcony. There is a restaurant in the hotel which has good food and the staff was very helpful. We had our own car and the streets to the hotel are very narrow and windy, but signage to the hotel was good. It is an experience just driving to the hotel! Lovely walk to Brela for restaurants and about a 5km walk to Baska Voda which is well worth visiting. We will return.

Room Tip: Apartment facing the sea
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Baxter53
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This must be one of the finest boutique hotels I have ever visited.

First of all, after a long day's drive, it was a huge relief to find this hotel extremely well signposted - the coast is spotted with accommodation options and the roads are windy and hard to navigate at times - Sunceva Postelja signs will direct you easily to the hotel, all the way from the main highway. Parking is free at the front of the hotel.

I especially liked the fact that this hotel is situated a good 20 minute walk away from the lively and crowded (and in the evenings, noisy) main restaurant/hotel area of Brela. The hotel surrounds are very peaceful and quiet, yet not too isolated.

The receptionist was genuinely friendly and highly professional, introducing us first to the room (top floor luxury apartment with a bedroom, lounge area with sofabed, kitchen area, large ensuite bathroom and a separate toilet) and then taking the time to show us around the whole hotel.

The place is spotless and beautiful throughout. The stunning view of the Adriatic is there all the time, even when riding on the elevator! Quality beds, furnishings and decor, free wifi, satellite tv, hair dryer, toiletries etc. Every utensil you need for cooking and eating can be found in the kitchen. There is a large (empty) fridge - not minibar. My only criticism would be that the kitchen lacked basics like salt & pepper, tea/coffee, sugar and cooking oil. However, there is a minimarket 100 m from the hotel.

The main balcony has table and chairs and a smaller balcony in the bathroom has a washing line. And, of course - there is always the VIEW!

At the end of July in Brela is very hot, but luckily the air-conditioning worked VERY effectively :)

A beautiful little pebble beach is right below the hotel. The hotel provides free sunbeds and umbrellas. Each guest has their own little storage cupboard for their beach equipment.
Restaurant and bar areas have a nice relaxed atmosphere, but even in the terrace you won't have to put up with anyone eating in their speedos.

Overall, a wonderful, wonderful experience. For all those going to Brela: If you can, choose Sunceva Postelja.

P.S. Room price is cheaper per night if you stay longer than two nights.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple