“Clean Hotel & Friendly Staff”

Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Latham
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Hotel Indigo for a single night while I was in Albany on business. This was my first time at this hotel brand, so I didn't totally know what to expect. I usually only stay at Crowne Plaza hotels. The hotel was very nice and everything was very clean. The front desk staff was eager to help and answer any questions I had. They were very attentive and always had a smile. The only issue I had is that the desks in the rooms are too tall for the desk chairs. This makes it very uncomfortable to get work done in your room and not very ergonomic. They really need to do something about this. Although, this was the only issue and it was a nice hotel, I may not stay there again until this issue is resolved.

Room Tip: The desk chairs are not tall enough for the desks.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham

Reviewed 20 February 2012

On a recent trip to Albany, NY to attend a legislators conference I experienced one of the most pleasant and relaxing hotel stays I have ever had. The Hotel Indigo is a pleasant boutique style establishment that places a high priority on producing a calm and soothing environment for their guests. Everything from the prevalence of the color blue which is known for it's soothing psychological effect on the human mind to the photographic wall murals and artwork of fruit and other flora in the rooms and hallways is geared to create a pleasurable and relaxing condition. There is also the use of spiral icons from nature (Nautilus shell, pine cone, pineapple, sunflower and palm), which are all representations of the golden mean (Φ) a basic representation of the life and growth.
Added to this are the services and other amenities provided by the hotel. Take the Blu Stone Bistro which proffers an extensive menu from a kitchen that uses local sustainable farmed produce. I enjoyed a prixe fixe 4 course meal that was excellent and very affordable at $50. The very tasty grilled sea bass with a glazeonly slightly sweet was paired with a pleasant chardonnay. This was preceded by a salad accompanied by a fine Pouilly Fuisse. In between these courses there was a chilled lemon sorbet to cleanse the palate. The meal ended with mango cheesecake complemented by a Proseco. All in all a well prepared, healthy and satisfying meal.
The next day I was able to work some of the cheesecake off at the gym which boasted several machines and the luxury of an almost solitary session. The sauna at the end completed the effect of the exercise which left me rejuvenated and ready to continue on with the rest of my day.
I will definitely return here when my duties bring me back to Albany. The Indigo situated in Latham is only 15 mins by back road to downtown Albany and the center of political activity for New York State. A good choice when you want to get a little respite from fray.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed here for a few days and completely loved it - except for the BLINDS, which did *nothing* to keep out the light from the parking lot. When I asked about it, I was told it was company policy to not have drapes. This is fine, of course, but the blinds should keep out the light. My room was lit up by the outside lighting, even in the middle of the night because the blinds did nothing to keep out the light. Have I said that already? With so many studies noting how dark rooms are essential for good sleep, I'm surprised these blinds are used at all. Black-out blinds are easy to find and would still reflect company policy.

What I did LOVE were the Aveda products. Nice nice nice!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not have a parking lot light shining into it! Perhaps there's one on th...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, IHGCare at Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear NicolleZ,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 February 2012

The Indigo is the closest place to Albany Airport. It's clean, well-maintained, and has a parking deal with the lot next door. An adjacent restaurant, which I didn't visit, is said to be OK. The rooms are pleasant, with good work space, and all the usual amenities. I had a great rate, and found the staff pleasant and the accommodations quiet and more than adequate.

Room Tip: I think the back may be best.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Excellent service from check in to check out! This hotel exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: any room is good.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank EileenM722
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Stayed at the Indigo on very short notice, from check in, to my room to service at the morning coffee counter I had a very pleasant experience. So much so, that I booked for a second night.

I was given a King Suite, very large room with ample work space given and small sitting area. The bed and bedding were very comfortable and appeared well maintained. The bathroom offered a shower only (Which I prefer) and AVEDA products, another pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: I prefer a room away from the elevators and was given that. The hotel is very close to the Albany Ai...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Oak01
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I am giving a poor review on this hotel due to the staff giving mis-information.
The hotel itself is nice. Fairly quiet. Wooden flooring in rooms instead of carpet... which in its way is nice ... unless you have a guest in the room above with hard heels.
Fast free internet.
Has a restaurant attached, BUT it's never open ... open in the evening. The front desk tells me I can order up to 11pm... I call at 10:03pm... to give plenty of time for room delivery, etc.... the KITCHEN CLOSES AT 10PM... NO 11PM....
Go figure.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
DanielHotelGroup, Owner at Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Pro Coach:

I apologize for the delay in responding to your review. First let me apologize for your experience at Indigo, in regards to the BluStone hours of operation. This is not indicative of the level of service we provide. We here at Hotel Indigo, pride ourselves on delivering an " experience" to all our guests. Please give our property another try when visiting Albany next time.

Regards:

Daniel Hotel Group

Daniel S

Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
0.5 km away
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
2.2 km away
3.3 km away
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
1.2 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Albany Airport / Wolf Rd

Been to Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham? Share your experiences!