“Pet friendly!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Latham
“Pet friendly!”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed there on a business trip that lasted 3 weeks and brought our two small dogs. No problem. Because of the extended stay they did not charge us a fee for the dogs. Very nice! The room was clean, but a little small. There is a small indoor pool and a nice little outside patio which a grill for guests to use. Breakfast is good and free. There is a great grocery store a block away and a fridge in the room, so we kept it stocked. The location is great. It's right by a major road but that means easy access. Shopping malls within 5 minutes, Saratoga Springs just 40 minutes up the road and very dog friendly! Lots of things to do in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed at La Quinta in Albany. The hotel itself is fine. Clean facility; nice fitness center; indoor pool. BUT, you should be aware of a few things. First, it is not really that close to the airport. They do not have a van pick up so you must use a cab. The taxi ride was under $10. Second, it is not conveniently located to any major eating establishments. So I had to "fake it" for dinner by eating a Cliff bar. The breakfast is adequate though not as good as others I've had at other La Quinta hotels in other locations.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Kauaidudette
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
I sent an E-mail response to clarify some of the guests concerns: See below:

March 3, 2012
Dear Kauaidudette
Thank you for your February 246h TripAdvisor review regarding your February stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

We appreciate your positive comments stating that the . . “Hotel itself is fine. Clean facility; nice fitness center; indoor pool”. Since your visit, we have upgraded the equipment in our fitness room and have added hand weights.

I would like to take a moment of your time to clarify that we do have a free Airport shuttle van, which operates from 4:30 AM to 7:00 PM. However, a guest must call our hotel at 518-640-2200 to schedule the van, as the van is not “stationed” at the airport.

There are a few restaurants that are within walking distance and several that are within five minutes away by car. A list of all the near-by restaurants is available at the Front Desk.

Regarding our Continental Breakfast, did you see the waffle machine that was hiding in the corner next to the TV? In our order to broaden the variety, would you give me a “heads-up” on what additional breakfast items other La Quinta properties offer.

I hope this information was helpful and you will stay at our hotel during your next trip to our area.

Marilyn Seidner
Director – Guest Relations
518-785-6626, Ext. 174
mar@coccas.com
New York
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Clean, comfortable 2 1/2 star hotel. Good value in the Albany, NY area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
planet earth
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We needed a hotel for one night while visiting relatives in Troy. The La Quinta was close enough, and seemingly affordable. We could hear our neighbors at times, but fortunately there was no late night partying going on in near-by rooms. Also somewhat loud was the occasional airplane noise, but since the Albany airport is somewhat small, even that was not too intrusive. The king-size bed was very comfortable, plenty of pillows and blankets for two. The room and bathroom were both clean. We left early and didn't really experience breakfast, other than to grab a couple of items to eat on the road. Accessing the hotel was easy after looking up the address on an online map engine, and we found the back entrance to the parking lot to be convenient to get back out to the 'main road'. The price per room could probably be a bit lower, but then again, maybe we would have found more value if we'd stayed at the hotel a bit longer.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank myscreenname
Elmhurst, New York
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my family a few weeks back. I've been to the La Quinta in Latham, New York before and nothing has changed since my last visit. Couldn't find the place. I had trouble finding this hotel the last time I stayed here too. Called the hotel for directions and the Front Desk Clerk was not only rude but she rushed me off the phone. She gave me the directions so quick that I didn't even have time to write them down. So it took me even longer to get to the hotel. Finally got there and there were quite a few cars blocking the entrance. Made it difficult to come in and check in. As I walked in the Front Desk Clerk was smoking a cigarette and on her cell phone right out in front of the hotel. When I checked in she had company/friends in the lobby watching the television. Her company/friends were talking to her as I was trying to ask her were I could take my family out to dinner. It was hard to understand her with all the people that were in the lobby talking. I believe she was the some Front Desk Clerk that checked me in the last time I stayed at this hotel. I wasn't even greeted as I walked in nor did she even bother to tell me where to park my car. I called a couple weeks in advance and asked if I could be on any floor but the 1st floor and much to my surpise I was put on the 1st floor. I asked her if there were any rooms besides on the 1st floor and was told they were sold out. The parking lot looked half full when I parked my car, so it didn't look sold out to me. The carpets had stains in them. The beds were very uncomfortable. It's a pet friendly hotel, so all I could hear were dogs barking. Any person that I've talked to about the La Quinta in Latham, New York have all said the samething. It's not worth the price they charge. All and all very unpleasant experience. I thought maybe things have changed since the last time I stayed there but not at all. I would recommend to everyone the Holiday Inn right down the road from La Quinta.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom A
Binghamton, NY
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Chose the La Quinta as a last minute overnight stop on a business trip due to its price and location close to I87. While the hotel was close to I87, it was a little difficult to navigate to, particularly with the roundabout. Checked in late and the desk attendent was fantastic. Very pleasant and conversational. She recommended a restaurant next to the hotel for dinner. It was a little loud, so maybe not ideal for all crowds, but I enjoyed my food and it was a good choice for food near the hotel. The bed was comfortable and the room well laid out with a nice TV selection. WiFi was fast and easy to access. Went out for breakfast, but the continental selection did seem to have a ton of variety. All in all, a nice, no frills, spot for a quick nights stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latham
1.3 km away
5.4 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
1.3 km away
TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport? Share your experiences!