“WOSRT MEAL EVER....HANDS DOWN!!!”
Review of Casey's Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Casey's Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 31 Restaurants in Little Falls
Cuisines: American, Pub
Reviewed August 10, 2017

I always try to find at least something nice to say about a meal but this one finally defies even my best efforts. I had a gift certificate and decided to go on a Thursday evening for the buffet. I called on Wednesday and should have let my suspicions then guide me when the chef asked me what I would like for dinner when I came since she had no plan. We looked at the buffet and weren't impressed but the menu didn't inspire us either so we gave it a try. Typical salad bar which was fine (except croutons which were not crisp). The buffet? Baked ziti with no meat. (or spices or flavor) And what would loosely be called beef stew although the server said it wasn't stew but she didn't know what it was. Well, news flash....neither did we. It looked like a beef stew but there wasn't any beef. There were LARGE hunks of fat and gristle which sure looked like they had been trimmed from someone else's dinner leftovers. And we believe they were as we went to another restaurant for desert and a guest next to us said she was at a class reunion there this past Saturday and the meal was....prime rib! The carrots were fingerlings and they were raw. The potatoes were hit and miss as to whether they were raw or not. The gravy seemed ok for about a minute and then you suddenly sensed that perhaps it was spoiled. Bland rice and green beans. At best they were poorly cooked leftovers. If the meal hadn't been free I would not have paid for it. We did run for the door after paying the tax. We also left a reasonable gratuity as the server did her job just fine. If I had the choice of going to bed hungry or eating at the buffet again.....I would eagerly be counting the hours to breakfast with an empty stomach. Dreadful....just dreadful. Companion and I are both hoping we are not up all night being ill.

Reviewed March 14, 2017

Salad bar had very few items. Ordered the prime rib on their special night for prime rib and found it to be poorly cooked. It seemed that the prime rib was cut first then kept aside until someone ordered it. If you wanted it more than rare it seems it was heated on a griddle and then served, dry and tough. Not great for a prime rib special night. Did not bother with dessert. Waiter was excellent, the one drink I had was generous but could not mask the bad food.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

You cannot beat the Friday night fishfry anywhere! The fish is longer than the plate, and a soup (clam chowder) and salad bar comes with it. Amazing. A real home run.

Reviewed August 20, 2016

Whether it be the salad bar or the prime rib dinner, Casey's is a great place to eat, the food is delicious. Dining room is very nice and a bar at which you can also eat at...

Reviewed August 4, 2016

Became very ill after eating a waffle for breakfast at Casey's Aug 30. Something wasn't right either in food handling or how the batter is stored in the container that dispenses it.