All reviews rooftop restaurant shuttle service new york queensboro bridge free shuttle east river local subway manhattan skyline visiting nyc central park metro station penthouse balcony city cab vernon lic
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Was here for a spontaneous staycation with a new boo. Front desk was super helpful from the moment we arrived, no hassles or hitches and the room was very clean and comfortable. Nice amenities in the bathroom, fluffy spacious bed, nice view with the little balcony and everything. The concierge who drove the shuttle was super helpful, I can't remember his name unfortunately but I think it may have been Edward? He did a great job with his dinner recommendation and getting us there and back, staff was very good in my experience. Would recommend. Beautiful place. Another bonus is we hardly heard any noise from the halls or neighboring rooms, so I can only hope no one heard me screaming in there. Fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in the Ravel hotel to have a nice weekend with my significant other, we heard a lot of great things about the hotel and it was in the middle of everything we wanted to do. We stayed from Friday - Sunday. As we were packing Sunday morning we noticed little bites all over my legs. They were itchy and red. I did NOT have them before we came to the hotel. We were NOT outside, near the pool or walking through any grassy areas. We knew the only way I could have gotten them was from our stay in the room. I called the hotel, no one called me back. I called again a few days later to explain what happened and the manager said he couldn’t do anything but have their 3rd party check the room. Once I called back for a third time, the manager said the third party didn’t find anything (this was 4 days after we left) and that I should seek medical attenuation because they aren’t doctors. No offer for a reimbursement, for a free room, NOTHING!! The manager said he’d never had a complaint like this and has never seen bed bugs. #1 You work in a hotel, these things happen, don’t say you’ve never had a complaint like this (relating to bugs) because I can guarantee there have been some. #2 it is close to impossible, unless you are looking for them closely, to see bed bugs. #3 he was SO rude and just said they did their “Due Doligance” and couldn’t do anything about my bites. I understand mistakes happen, but to not be offered anything was shocking. I have a 4 year degree in hospitality and tourism management and this was VERY disappointing. I hope no one else has to go through this experience. But I would NOT reccomend this hotel based on their poor customer service and the bed bug bites I received during my stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank morgannmiller
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Excellent service as usual. Clean and courteous. The option of having the restaurant available was a plus for us. No noise at all. Ample parking available in the area. The rooms are beautiful. Free WiFi service was a plus.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Cons
- Noisy particularly on first of 3 nights. Because of traffic and noisy guests.
- hotel can’t make up its mind as to whether it’s premium or budget. Eg lobby/reception area is small and you enter through an odd entrance that feels like a trade entrance.
- breakfast selection quite limited. Plastic cutlery.

Pros
- great views across the river to the Manhattan skyline from our room and the roof top restaurant.
- good sized, clean room although corridors could do with a vacuum.
- contemporary decor. Could be a premium hotel but lacks finishing touches. Eg. Slightly torn rubber type mats in the lobby, odd hotel layout, large hanger like breakfast area.
- good free shuttle to nearby metro station (10 min walk, 5 min by shuttle) and other local destinations.
- good price for the location. 25 mins on the metro gets you to Empire State Building for example.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2018

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a wedding recently, and it was a great experience! We had a wonderful view, a modern room, and they made the accommodations I needed for travel with my infant son. The restaurant area was gorgeous with another amazing view, and the food was great as well. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the river side!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends