“Fantastic view of midtown Manhattan”

Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Got a last minute request to attend a meeting in Manhattan and could not find any room available in town for below $400/night. I found this hotel from the IHG website that still offer reasonable rate so booked a night. I arrived JFK late in the evening and took the train to Queen's Plaza station then walked to the hotel. It was not a very pleasant walk and the neighboring area was a little rough in the evening. The check-in staff was very friendly and when I got to the room, the view was astonishing (pictures attached). So they really mean "Manhattan View". The room was a decent size and with just about everything I need for the night. It was clean and comfortable. I took the train from the 39th avenue station to go into town which is a much shorter walk. Overall, it was a nice experience.

Room Tip: Get a room with the view of Manhattan.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Cathy P, Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are happy to hear your stay with us met your expectations and that you enjoyed the "astonishing" view we have of the Manhattan skyline.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Where do I start!!!

Well, when you check in, not only do you have to pay for your room on arrival, you need to give an additional extra pre - auth (mine was $200 for the length of my stay) but the overall amount before even getting to my room taken off my card just over $500!!
So when I depart the $200 will take 3-5 working days to go back on my card?? Shocking!!

Next the customer service - the girl on front desk has absolutely none of this, not a trace, from when I checked in on 19th, very rude indeed, blunt and made my mother really uncomfortable and she was that unhappy she didn't want to be in the hotel..
Before I came to New York I requested a twin bedded room, a quiet room, away from the lift..

Well I got a queen bedded room, next to the lift and the ice machine (room 301) with loads of children on this floor running up and down and people using the ice machine till 3am in the morning, I even put a sign "out of order" on the ice machine myself to make people NOT use it, just so I could at least get 2 hours sleep!!

I spoke to the manager the next morning, I believe her name was Carolina, not 100% but she was not really interested in my complaint, her attitude was just the same, she said to myself that as my room came through as a standard room type, it was NOT their error but as a good will gesture they did upgrade me to a queen bedded room instead of a double bed room.
I'm 32, I don't want to sleep with my mother!!!
I'm glad I'm not staying in this hotel now and I'm somewhere else where the customer service is 100% better, all I can say is maybe this hotel should pre warn the guests they are taking pre - auths from credit cards and be more respectful in the future..
oh and don't stay in room 301, you won't get no sleep!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Cathy P, Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities and I am sorry to hear about the disappointments you had with your room accommodations and the level of customer service you received. We strive to not only meet but exceed our guest's expectations and your review will certainly help us ensure we deliver a better service for all other guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to provide you with a much better experience.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Nice room and staff. Good location for a trip to Citi Field and reasonable price. Not much around so finding a place to eat if you don't want to go far is a problem. Great view but would have liked a second chair so we both could have sat outside.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Japruzze,

Thank you for your 4 star review of the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Regarding your comment about an extra chair on the balcony, I will see if that is something we can improve in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Cathy Pascale

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

No complaints. Nice little hotel just outside the city. Very clean and just 15 minutes from New York via the subway. Staff very helpful on arrival, asked what we wanted to see the most and provided us with a map and marked the locations for us to make our subway journey less confusing.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Lee R,

Thank you for your 4-star review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted that our staff was extremely helpful when pointing out places to go in addition to assisting with subway directions.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Cathy Pascale

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3-1/2 weeks and loved every day here! The hotel is beautiful! Immaculate! The whole staff were wonderful! I have to admit that Tony was my favorite! Very nice young man... if I have to come back to NYC, this is where I will stay!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Cathy P, Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Thank you dearly for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are thrilled to hear your overall stay experience with us was to your expectations and that you enjoyed our convenient location and our extraordinary customer service. Tony is a gem and we are very lucky to have him in our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,
Carolina Tafur
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Really nice hotel, clean, comfortable and nice view to Manhattan.
Didn't have place to park the car during the night, always full.
Staff always nice and helpful.
A little expensive, but what is cheap at NYC?

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Cathy P, Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you dear marcelojo for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. We are happy to hear we met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Had a great time. Super clean room, very very quiet. Large spacious room with fridge so you can stock up on groceries from nearby Broadway (two stops away on train.) That area of LIC is full of small restaurants and shops. Lots of fun to visit. When I arrived I was given early check in and greeted in a super friendly professional manner by the Asst. Manager who made me really feel welcome. I was also allowed to stay an extra hour in the room on checkout day. They have a business center which allows you free printing and the wi-fi worked great in the room. I would definitely stay there again. Manhattan the theater district are a very short ride on the N and other trains. The walk to the subway stop (which is elevated at this part of Queens) is very short. There are small groceries near the hotel as well. Room had a great view and balcony.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Cathy P, Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

And we were happy to have had you as our guest! :) We are thrilled to hear your overall stay experience with us was to your expectations and that you enjoyed our convenient location and our extraordinary customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards!