All reviewsmanhattan viewbrazilian restauranttimes squarenew yorkhotel restaurantsubway stophigh floorcentral parkconvenience storefloor roomgreat optionla guardiafelt safebagelsdelistopsblock
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed our eight night stay at this hotel. We selected it based on its reasonable price and proximity to the subway. It's only a short ride into midtown from this location in Queens. While there isn't much around, it's a great spot to sleep if you are planning to spend your days touring NYC. We had a room with a queen bed, well sized bathroom with a shower instead of a tub, and small seating space. The space was clean and comfortable and exceeded my expectations for the cost.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MichelleAuMonde
Cathy P, Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Great place to stay & few bucks cheaper than going into the city...Great location & a short subway ride away from Times Square. Close enough that even cab rides to anywhere are less than $20.00 for the most part...Hotel is clean , quiet & staff is friendly & helpful with all your questions. Hotel restaurant had great food & the beers are cheapest we had anywhere in NYC! Great little convenience store across the street with almost everything you could possibly need for a stay....Will be back again in the New Year for our 3rd visit to this hotel....

Room Tip: Always ask for City View if you can get it
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danno6317
Cathy P, Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us once more. We appreciate your loyalty and you taking the time to share your stay experience with us and all of the TripAdvisor users. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back soon for the 3rd time.

Warmest regards!

Reviewed August 24, 2017

Got a last minute request to attend a meeting in Manhattan and could not find any room available in town for below $400/night. I found this hotel from the IHG website that still offer reasonable rate so booked a night. I arrived JFK late in the evening and took the train to Queen's Plaza station then walked to the hotel. It was not a very pleasant walk and the neighboring area was a little rough in the evening. The check-in staff was very friendly and when I got to the room, the view was astonishing (pictures attached). So they really mean "Manhattan View". The room was a decent size and with just about everything I need for the night. It was clean and comfortable. I took the train from the 39th avenue station to go into town which is a much shorter walk. Overall, it was a nice experience.

Room Tip: Get a room with the view of Manhattan.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank VJH95
Cathy P, Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are happy to hear your stay with us met your expectations and that you enjoyed the "astonishing" view we have of the Manhattan skyline.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards!

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Where do I start!!!

Well, when you check in, not only do you have to pay for your room on arrival, you need to give an additional extra pre - auth (mine was $200 for the length of my stay) but the overall amount before even getting to my room taken off my card just over $500!!
So when I depart the $200 will take 3-5 working days to go back on my card?? Shocking!!

Next the customer service - the girl on front desk has absolutely none of this, not a trace, from when I checked in on 19th, very rude indeed, blunt and made my mother really uncomfortable and she was that unhappy she didn't want to be in the hotel..
Before I came to New York I requested a twin bedded room, a quiet room, away from the lift..

Well I got a queen bedded room, next to the lift and the ice machine (room 301) with loads of children on this floor running up and down and people using the ice machine till 3am in the morning, I even put a sign "out of order" on the ice machine myself to make people NOT use it, just so I could at least get 2 hours sleep!!

I spoke to the manager the next morning, I believe her name was Carolina, not 100% but she was not really interested in my complaint, her attitude was just the same, she said to myself that as my room came through as a standard room type, it was NOT their error but as a good will gesture they did upgrade me to a queen bedded room instead of a double bed room.
I'm 32, I don't want to sleep with my mother!!!
I'm glad I'm not staying in this hotel now and I'm somewhere else where the customer service is 100% better, all I can say is maybe this hotel should pre warn the guests they are taking pre - auths from credit cards and be more respectful in the future..
oh and don't stay in room 301, you won't get no sleep!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cutietaylors
Cathy P, Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities and I am sorry to hear about the disappointments you had with your room accommodations and the level of customer service you received. We strive to not only meet but exceed our guest's expectations and your review will certainly help us ensure we deliver a better service for all other guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to provide you with a much better experience.

Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

Nice room and staff. Good location for a trip to Citi Field and reasonable price. Not much around so finding a place to eat if you don't want to go far is a problem. Great view but would have liked a second chair so we both could have sat outside.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Japruzze
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Dear Japruzze,

Thank you for your 4 star review of the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Regarding your comment about an extra chair on the balcony, I will see if that is something we can improve in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Cathy Pascale