All reviews state park walking distance great location times square gantry jfk taxi lobby beds train stops city nyc
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

I accidentally booked this hotel because I thought it was the name my daughter recommended I book when visiting for the first time in Long Island City. When i arrived, I realized the hotel is in an awful area surrounded by wharehouses and train tracks. There are zero restaurants, shopping , nada. The room was cheaply furnished and smelled like a locker room. There is no small fridge or even a clock. This is more like summer camp than a hotel. Do not stay here. .

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Mary V
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We stayed here on March 2018, instated of over paying at a hotel in times square. It's about a 7 min walk to the subway that can take you to the city. Also lots of parking in front. They have a little food store in the lobby which was great. The staff was great!!! anything you needed they were there to help the hotel was clean and modern. However since your in front of the subway station you might want to ask for a top floor room or to stay on the opposite side. Also the beds where a little stiff for my liking but i didnt mind. All in all I think for the price in the location was great! I would stay again.

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank Juniet M
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel through hotel tonight, BIG MISTAKE! Because I thought it was paper factory. The front lobby area was ok, I could tell a lot of back packers stay here... the rooms have paper thin walls. The floors smelled like animal urine and musty scents. The room was tiny with bad renovations.... I didn’t sleep, and I didn’t even want to take a shower. Add insult to injury police were questioning guys in the lobby when I left.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chides2017
Reviewed July 20, 2018

We are currently staying ....Ok ...room opposite railway line,to be honest doesn’t bother us.Most importantly the room is very clean and the staff are very courteous and helpful.The train and subway 5 min walk,we felt that the area was safe, it doesn’t have the hustle and bustle of the city. No problem...we have visited NYC 4 times,and wanted to visit Long Island for a change of scenery...I am very happy that we did,From the hotel it’s only a 10 min walk to some great little bars/ restaurants
There is a regeneration of the area,so would imagine that in a couple of years the hotel prices will increase.

Would recommend..

Room Tip: If you are bothered by trains...try rooms at the back...but the noise isn’t horrendous
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank janner69
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Our experience was okay not great. On the upside, the design is very modern and the rooms were very clean. The price was nice as well. On the downside, If you’re using public transport, it’s a doable trek, but longer than I expected. There isn’t really anything close by as far as restaurants or stores. The walls and doors in our room were very thin and we could hear conversations in other rooms and in the hall.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family