All reviews michael's cafe front desk spg member new york rooftop bar manhattan skyline business trip block walk very nice hotel subway station late check room was clean and comfortable quiet neighborhood queensboro bridge street parking times square city
Reviewed December 21, 2017

I'm a Starwood person. So the first thing I do is look at Starwood properties in the area I need to be - if it's for work or for pleasure. And from there I look at price.
I first stayed at this property back in October 2017. The price was fantastic and its only 1 stop (7 blocks / 8-10 min walk) or 2 stops (4 blocks, 5 min walk) from Manhattan. Point is: CONVENIENT to the subway.
I have now come back to this hotel every other week since then. The Manager Steve is great and very friendly. Not that I've needed anything but I know I could reach out to him if I did.
Their rooftop bar is an AMAZING view! My friends who live nearby says it's the best around. Indoor and outdoor space on the roof.
The lobby is welcoming with a large area to congregate and free coffee in the morning. The gym has several machines (treadmills, elliptical) and a bench for free weights.
If you are a runner, I highly recommend running West towards NYC and the water. It is mostly warehouses (car garages and food truck storage) but if you then cut run, you get to a large park, and past the Costco is a beautiful outdoor sculpture garden. All in all a 3+ mile roundtrip run with some incredible free art!
Another bonus is the restaurant Michael’s in the lobby. For one, it’s open until 11 pm - for dine-in and room service serving a full menu. When I’m on the road for work, there are nights when I get to the hotel after 10 and haven’t had dinner. Michael’s to the rescue! Food is good, portions large, and prices (I mean this positively) low. Enough room in my budget to add that extra glass of wine!
The rooms are standard size with a bed, desk, armoire and a chair. I'm a fan of the showers (all white) with lots of room and a glass door. It has the standard Four points three dispensable containers - shampoo, conditioner, and body gel. Beds are comfortable. If you get a room with a view - open your blinds and enjoy it!
I'm a huge fan of this hotel and will definitely be back. As a matter of fact I've already recommended it to friends!

Date of stay: December 2017
stevevargas03, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2017

We want to thank you for your recent stay we strive to be number 1 and we hope you will stay with us in the future. We thank you for your nice comments and we will share your comments with the staff members.

Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is near a train station so it was very easy for us to go to NY everyday.The staff was very helpful and the owner Mr michael fantastic.The room had an excellent view of Queensborrow bridge.We had breakfast there everyday and the dinner was excellent.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Irenecorfu
stevevargas03, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2017

We want to thank you for your recent stay and we strive to be number one. We thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next stay with us.

On behalf of the management team and the staff e wish you and your family happy holiday.

27-05 39 ave

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

Better I don't say anything about this hotel
My biggest mistake booking here.

Worst customer service. No courtesy.

This clearly reflects merging of SPG with Marriott

Calling to SPG was also not very helpful even being Platinum member

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ManpreetK12
stevevargas03, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

We are sorry about the way you feel. We strive to be number 1.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

I was in NYC for a very high stress business trip. At check in, Tatiana, was friendly and smiling throughout the entire encounter. She asked about the reason for my trip and was very sympathetic after my long travel day. She generously upgraded me to a Manhattan view corner room and offered me a late check out! It was a great room, quiet and clean. After checking in, I had a wonderful dinner in Michael's Cafe and met Nick who was my server for a few additional meals during my stay. Nick is incredibly friendly and outgoing and made me feel very welcome right from the beginning. Even my strange requests (to fill my hot water bottle and to make a hot toddy) were carried out with eagerness. The following evening, Tatiana remembered I had an important audition and asked how it went. That she remembered the nature of my trip showed a high level of customer service which I truly appreciated. There was one hiccup during my stay (a misunderstood breakfast room service order) which was promptly addressed and resolved quickly by the morning server at Michael's (I did not catch her name but she has blonde hair and an accent and was very friendly and accommodating). The only other problem was the dreadfully slow wifi connection that never seemed to work well enough to even check email. The staff at this property is absolutely fantastic and really understand that in customer service, the little gestures and details go a long way. Kudos to Tatiana and Nick who really made quite the impression!

Room tip: Rooms of the -01 series are nice corner rooms away from the elevator.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
stevevargas03, Operation Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

We want to thank you for your recent stay and we strive as a team to be number 1. We look forward to your next visit with us. We from the housekeeping department to the front office to the restaurant team thank you for your comments.

Please let me know the next time you decide to stay with us a the 4 Points Hotel in LIC

Operation Manager
4 Points Hotel LIC

Reviewed October 20, 2017

We spent 6 nights at this hotel and were very pleased. From the moment we walked in the staff were very accommodating. Special shout out to Valerie, who checked us in, and Steve, who seemed to never go home! Both greeted us with a smile every time we saw them.

Room tip: Higher floors have better views - we saw the Manhattan Bridge from our 6th floor room
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Elias P, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Good day

Thank you for the review. We hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Regards