All reviewsmichael's cafefront deskspg membernew yorkrooftop barcar servicemanhattan skylinethree blocksblock walkvery nice hotelsubway stationlate checkroom was clean and comfortablequiet neighborhoodtimes squarequeensboro bridgestreet parking
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

Firstly, I booked a King bed, the hotel give me a twin bedroom. Also, The WiFi is not working during my stay. The A/C is also not working, the staff could not fix it. We had to move to another room at midnight. The other room is very noisy with some graduation party in the bar. As a SPG platinum member, this is the worst Starwood hotel I ever stayed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Margaret S, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Dear RTP27519,

First of all, I want to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with the internet connection. We have notified the appropriate departments to ensure that this is not a recurring issue.
We're sorry you did not get the room that you requested. We certainly pride ourselves on 100% guest satisfaction and we clearly fell short. On occasion, even with these requests in place we are unable to honor them as we did have multiple large groups in house and limited inventory to work with.
We would love to have you stay with us on a future date and give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations therefore do not hesitate to contact me directly should you require any assistance.

Once again, please forgive us for not providing you with the perfect stay you deserve.

I'm looking forward to serving you in the future.

Yours in hospitality,

margaretsowa@fourpointslic.com

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

This is an almost brand new hotel, the room is comfortable and the quality/price very good. It’s close to the subway and you can get Manhattan in 15 min. There is a simple gym. Good for solo travelers or for business purposes. The guy at nightshift is very rude and impolite. The reception staff very nice.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Margaret S, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Dear Travel_Addict_Bcn,

Thank you for your 4-star review of our property. We're happy to hear you found value in the location, cleanliness and price. On behalf of the Four Points by Sheraton we wanted to extend our sincerest apologies for the challenges you experienced with one of the staff members. We have addressed it and notified the appropriate departments to ensure that this is not a recurring issue.
While we definitely feel it is important to ensure all of our guests receive personalized service we fell short by not acknowledging you and ensuring you received the same level of service.
I understand that you have many choices when you travel to New York and we hope that when you return to NYC that we have opportunity of having you return to our hotel so we can ensure you receive the experience that we pride ourselves on!

Should you require any further assistance with reservations please feel free to contact me directly at margaretsowa@fourpointslic.com

Yours truly,

Reviewed May 17, 2018

They have very poor service. In the room the internet connection is very slow and it practically doesnt work in the night at all. I suggest you dont rely on their internet specially if you need to work at night.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Margaret S, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2018

Dear Nalin S,

Thank you for reviewing our property.

If you choose to stay with us again, please mention it at the front desk and we will make sure to check the room to assure signal strength is up to your satisfaction.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you require any assistance and I'm looking forward to serving you in the future.

We would love to have you stay with us on and give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed May 13, 2018

The room was great - a decent size and the bed was very comfortable. We slept very well here!

The reception staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location, near places to eat and the subway.

The only let down was the hotel "cafe". Both times we ate here the service was very slow indeed - we got the impression that there were not enough staff to serve the amount of people seated. Lots of tables were not cleared. The 3rd time wewent down for breakfast, we were seated at an uncleared table and were not served for a very long time/ignored but we ended up walking out as the waitress served some other people that arrived after we did. We ended up going for breakfast at the Holiday Inn for the rest of our stay - they were much cheaper, the staff were friendlier and the selection of food was alot better.

Despite this, i would still return to stay at this hotel as it we slept very well here and it was in a great location to explore NYC.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear redbulllover,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, and our wonderful staff.
We're happy that you enjoyed most of the amenities that the hotel offered. We apologize for not meeting your expectations with the service at our Café during breakfast. Sometimes we do get really busy with multiple groups in house dining at once and with limited café seating to work with it could potentially extend the wait time.

Please allow us to better serve you in the future and for that feel free to contact me directly.

We look forward to having you back to the hotel on your next trip to New York City.

Reviewed May 11, 2018

I have been disappointed in this property. First of all breakfast is not included, I was able to get continental breakfast as a platinum member, but that was only for one night of my stay and it was only cold options, like bagels wrapped in plastic wrap. I compare this to an included breakfast buffet at similar rated properties, like Fairfield Inn. Also, the rooms are very tiny with minimal amenities. There is no mini fridge - which in my opinion has became standard most everywhere - and I couldn’t find an ice machine. They “upgraded me” to a small room with two standard size beds. Not at all an upgrade in my opinion, when I always request a king size bed on my reservation. The air con doesn’t work properly. It’s an old fashioned wall unit, like you used to find at hotels. There is a wall control but it wouldn’t work at all. The only saving grace there was the fact that the window opened a smidge to allow a bit of fresh air. Overall it’s just an inferior property and I would not stay here again. Especially when there are lower priced and equally rated properties within the same hotel chain nearby with better amenities.

That was the previous end to my review - which had a 3 star rating. I retracted that review to drop it to 2 stars and add all the drama my colleague had with billing. Her personal credit card was charged THREE TIMES for the full cost of the stay - additionally our corporate card was ALSO charged for this room! That is unacceptable and 3 days later still has not been resolved by the Four Points property. I should also add the lady working the front desk said this happens all the time. What? Really?? Triple billing someones credit card happens all the time? Just do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear hamrickpa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us.
I want to apologize we did not meet your expectations this time.
We do offer different rates where breakfast is included and they’re very reasonably priced.
We're sorry you did not get the room that you requested. On occasion, even with these requests in place we are unable to honor them as we have very limited inventory of rooms to work with. The room you were upgraded to does indeed have more space with two double beds in it.
Whenever you experience any imperfection with AC unit, kindly contact our reception and we will send someone right over to fix the problem.
We have addressed the issue with your colleague credit card authorization and were able to resolve it. Unfortunately mechanical and computer errors do happen occasionally and we work tirelessly to avoid them.

We hope we have the privilege to welcome you back soon.

Warmest regards,