All reviewsmichael's cafefront deskspg membernew yorkrooftop barcar servicemanhattan skylinethree blocksblock walkvery nice hotelsubway stationlate checkroom was clean and comfortablequiet neighborhoodtimes squarequeensboro bridgestreet parking
Reviewed August 3, 2018

The entire stay was ruined by the Manager & his unfriendly attitude. We had a booking from 21st to 23rd July & again from 24th to 26th July. One day in the middle we were travelling on a tour bus & planned to return back to the same hotel. I had written a note 1 week earlier requesting if we can leave our bags in the hotel store room from 23rd till 24th. I did not receive an answer. On 21st during check in we again asked the receptionist if we can keep our bags as anyway we had a future booking. While the receptionist agreed, the Manager jumped in & rudely refused to keep our bags. In spite of explaining that we have a future 2 days booking from 24th to 26th he refused to help us with storing our bags for 1 night. With great difficulty we cancelled our bookings for 24th - 26th & found another hotel which was kind enough to keep our bags from 23rd on wards itself. It was a nerve wracking 2-3 hours finding another hotel after a long & tiring travel. I have never ever encountered such a rude & idiotic hotel Manager. I had in fact got 4 of my friends to stay here during our NYC visit - never again will I recommend this hotel. The strangest thing was on 23rd another receptionist happily kept a bag of one of our friends. I have no idea why the Manager unnecessarily harassed us.

Other than this - Room was small but clean, bathroom was functional & clean. Housekeeping was efficient - water bottles, coffee maker. Restaurant was friendly & helpful but food was too salty.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Basu1234
Elias P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent this from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Long Island City.

Elias P
GM

Reviewed July 26, 2018

I first checked in to room 710 with special access to the balcony on that floor. The air conditioner was broken in the room and could not be fixed and the room key had not been properly coded for the balcony. I went down and asked that if at least I could then get a room with a city view. I was told that all those rooms were taken. I was then given room 910. I carried my bags etc up there and there were people already in the room! I apologized profusely and went back down again. The woman who helped me went quiet and disappeared. Another woman eventually came over from another part of the lobby to help me. She was mildly apologetic but not personable. She gave me room 1002 and how about that, it has a city view! Gee, they weren't all booked after all. However, then, the maid service forgot to make up my room so it was not cleaned or beds made for the next day. And while they gave me a drink voucher, it wasn't usable on the roof top bar for no apparent reason. This place is an organizational mess.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-4 have side views of Manhattan. 5 - 8 have front views. Not sure about 9. 10 has no city views.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelmanSydney
Margaret S, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Dear TravelmanSydney,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us.

I am extremely sorry for the hiccups you have experienced while staying in our hotel. I can assure you this is not the norm and we work tirelessly to avoid them.

Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us better shape our product and deliver only the best service our guest have come to expect.

I hope you can give us another chance next time your travels bring you back to New York City.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you require any assistance and I'm looking forward to serving you in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Simply don't recognise this hotel from some of the recent reviews. I had the friendliest of welcomes when I arrived and a bed that I want to take home with me. Jet lag stood no chance here. A delightful meal in the balmy rooftop bar, a sunset that would inspire poetry and a fabulous stack of pancakes for breakfast. Good WiFi, really friendly folk and a third the price of hotels a couple of miles away. I'm coming back.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Margaret S, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear Tim K,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property! We're glad you enjoyed the comfort, our Rooftop Bar as well as staff service. We're happy that you were pleasantly surprised with our hotel and we can’t wait to serve you again in the future! Feel free to reach out to me directly should you require any assistance at all.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

Firstly, I booked a King bed, the hotel give me a twin bedroom. Also, The WiFi is not working during my stay. The A/C is also not working, the staff could not fix it. We had to move to another room at midnight. The other room is very noisy with some graduation party in the bar. As a SPG platinum member, this is the worst Starwood hotel I ever stayed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Margaret S, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Dear RTP27519,

First of all, I want to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with the internet connection. We have notified the appropriate departments to ensure that this is not a recurring issue.
We're sorry you did not get the room that you requested. We certainly pride ourselves on 100% guest satisfaction and we clearly fell short. On occasion, even with these requests in place we are unable to honor them as we did have multiple large groups in house and limited inventory to work with.
We would love to have you stay with us on a future date and give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations therefore do not hesitate to contact me directly should you require any assistance.

Once again, please forgive us for not providing you with the perfect stay you deserve.

I'm looking forward to serving you in the future.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

This is an almost brand new hotel, the room is comfortable and the quality/price very good. It’s close to the subway and you can get Manhattan in 15 min. There is a simple gym. Good for solo travelers or for business purposes. The guy at nightshift is very rude and impolite. The reception staff very nice.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Margaret S, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Dear Travel_Addict_Bcn,

Thank you for your 4-star review of our property. We're happy to hear you found value in the location, cleanliness and price. On behalf of the Four Points by Sheraton we wanted to extend our sincerest apologies for the challenges you experienced with one of the staff members. We have addressed it and notified the appropriate departments to ensure that this is not a recurring issue.
While we definitely feel it is important to ensure all of our guests receive personalized service we fell short by not acknowledging you and ensuring you received the same level of service.
I understand that you have many choices when you travel to New York and we hope that when you return to NYC that we have opportunity of having you return to our hotel so we can ensure you receive the experience that we pride ourselves on!

Should you require any further assistance with reservations please feel free to contact me directly at margaretsowa@fourpointslic.com

Yours truly,